Renaming the recycle bin!!!!

Renaming recycle bin isn't the same as renaming the other folders on your Win XP machine, because this option isn't present by default. A bit of tweaking/hacking is required. There are softwares like tweak XP which help you to do this, but it is fun to try this out.
Interesting changes in Windows can be done using the program Regedit.
Here's how you can rename your Recycle bin....

1. Click Start / Run
  2. Type regedit and press enter.
  3. Open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder
  4. Open the CLSID folder
  5. Open the {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} folder
  6. Open the ShellFolder folder
  7. Change the "Attributes" data value from "40 01 00 20" to "50 01 00 20". Once completed change the "CallForAttributes" dword value to "0x00000000" (double-click and change value data to 0). You must change both of these values to get the rename to appear.
After performing the above steps you will be able to rename the icon like any other icon. Right-click the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop and click Rename and rename it to whatever you wish.
You can go in for more interesting hacks , just google them.
I had fun trying the above hack!!
My Blog : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Good one thanks 😀

in Windows Vista you can change it without registry stuff.
  • mastermind303
    mastermind303
    great.
    sadly i had 256 MB RAM on my PC till now.
    now that i've upgraded to 1GB,will try Vista!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the major research areas in communication nowadays is power supply. Mobile phones have almost reached their level of saturation with cameras, internet, high capacity memory already integrated in...
Recently I had a light chat with one of my friends about probability. What he said forced me to think on this issues. He said that the meaning of probability...
hi friends, i'm doin my third yr in mechanical n i would like to do some mini projects in internal combustion engines.... considering the low capital requirements n knowledge abt...
Their is a question in my mind 4 which i cant get any answer...i m posting it out here... We all know dat in an engine at the time when...

Hi

Hello everybody......😁