Remote Controls Will Vanish In Next 5 Years - Agree / Disagree?

TechCrunch says that the remote control will vanish in the next 5 years. Apparently, we'll have all the devices connected with each others via IoT (Internet of Things) or auto-controlled through mobile applications. So, your TV will know when to switch on; what your preferred channel is, automatically adjust the sound level and so on.

Your AC will automatically know what should be the temperature inside the room and operate automatically; not requiring you to maintain a separate remote control.

What say you?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    No doubt IoT (Internet of Things) is taking over conventional system with rule based and self learning. There could be more scenario like..
    --Got call on mobile
    --Tv volume goes down automatically
    --Or, Tv paused in recording modešŸ˜€ā€‹
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, it does vanish a lot in the couch whenever I try looking for them.

I suppose its possible. But I wouldn't want my appliances to be controlled by mobile apps. Too much of a security risk.

For the AC, the technology already exists to detect presence and temperature of environments and of humans, to auto adjust the temp and direction. The control systems required for these situations are far more simpler than trying to know what tv channel you want to watch for the day and the sound level (I mean, how would it know if your ears are clogged enough not to hear properly?) šŸ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT), in collaboration with the Russian academy of sciences have developed a metamaterial from a planar periodic array of silver dimers that might incredibly...
GuangDa Li hails from China and is a first-generation entrepreneur in his family. A PhD from National University of Singapore, GuangDa has published over 19 international publications in video and...
Indeed, a device ā€œdesigned around your voiceā€, the Amazon Echo very flamboyantly exhibits what is required most in the market: dynamism. With Amazonā€™s intelligent digital personal assistant 'Alexa' inside, the...
Hi guys, What do you think about mainframe computers? Is it still useful for one to learn about it..A person was telling me that the chances on mainframe has got...
Donā€™t replace your old low cost headphones just yet! You might want to consider the newly launched BoomStick from Boomcloud360 before you get rid of your old headphones. A survey...