Reliance Jio allows prepaid recharges via PayTM

PayTM, the company that saw supercharged growth since the government's demonetisation initiative has announced that the users of Reliance Jio service will be able to recharge their prepaid accounts through PayTM app. PayTM made the announcement via their official Twitter handle a couple of hours ago. PayTM will add Jio in the list of service providers and users will now be able to make quicker recharges from their PayTM wallet balances. Here's the official tweet from PayTM -

Reliance Jio is now looking to monetise its services as the 'Happy New Year' offer expires on March 31. At present, Jio account app has the facility to let the users recharge their prepaid accounts or make the payments for the bill for postpaid accounts. At the time of writing this post, we did not see Jio in the list of operators and there's no official word from PayTM for the integration to be made available to the users.

PayTM-Jio-Prepaid

We'd expect that PayTM would start showing Jio in the list of operators starting April. Jio responded to a user query whether Jio Prime membership can be subscribed via PayTM, by saying that for Prime memberships users will have to use the MyJio app. We learn that MobiKwik is also offering Jio payments but Freecharge is yet to make any such announcement.

Reliance Jio has thrown in very attractive plans for the current 'free' users of the service. With Jio Prime membership and a Rs. 303 monthly recharge, the company promises to offer 1GB of data every day at 4G speeds along with free voice calls to any network within India. The subscribers will also get access to Jio apps.

With the convenience of making payments through PayTM, do you think Reliance Jio will be able to retain more of its existing users of free service? Let us know.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WhatsApp, the popular messaging app used to charge about a dollar per year to its subscribers to make money and keep its business running. However, after its famous acquisition by...
BB Mera Putih, the company that holds the right of manufacturing BlackBerry devices in Indonesia, has recently launched the BlackBerry Aurora smartphone. It is the first BB Indonesian smartphone which...
Does the name sound as if the time itself was frozen, magically? Significant enough, the word refers to a new phase of matter where the arrangement of atoms is recently...
Hi everyone there is a doubt in my mind for a long time that is " WHY THE SPARK PLUG IS NOT FOR DIESEL ENGINE? IS THERE IS ANY WAY...
Hello Everyone I am a student of 2011-15 batch. I got overall 2900/4844 according to degree i.e. 59.9% Now There is a chance so I can make it 60% But...