Reliance is NOT launching Jio taxi service

Reliance is not foraying into UBER / OLA competing taxi service, clarified Mr. Rohit Bansal who heads group communications at Reliance Industries Limited. Several reputed news publications had recently published a rumor that Reliance is getting into cab booking service as 'Jio Cabs' and it quickly became a sensation. Though taxi business is not directly related to what Jio offers, it was believed that Reliance would launch an app similar to the ones from Ola and Uber to allow Jio users book a cab.

Reliance-Jio-Cabs-Rumor

It was also rumored that Jio had bought about 600 cars from auto makers Mahindra and Hyundai to launch the service in Bangalore and Chennai first followed by other metro cities. Many expected 'free rides' for 6 months with Jio Cabs. However, Mr. Bansal's tweet clarified that all these updates were 'Wrong and Denied'. We've embedded Mr. Bansal's tweet below -

Reliance had not commented on the rumors. The company will not venture into unrelated businesses, informed the company. It's however worth noting that Jio has already signed a deal with Uber to allow customers to pay for the rides using Jio Money app. The partnership will also allow JioMoney users to request rides from within the app.

Are you disappointed that Reliance Jio Cabs was a hoax? Let us know.

Replies

• Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    In the matter of fact RIL Jio maybe come up with smart AI in their apps, which actually works for Indians better, before Facebook or Google start thinking.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kamlesh Vora
    In the matter of fact RIL Jio maybe come up with smart AI in their apps, which actually works for Indians better, before Facebook or Google start thinking.
    I don't think they've any intention to enter non-data markets. I know for sure that Reliance will disrupt the DTH markets next and with Jio Fiber, it's going to eat into all the broadband networks.

'Data is the new Oil'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Got the new 'status' feature enabled on my phone and I'm not seeing the point. Maybe because I'm on the wrong side of 35 already 😕; but I was pretty...
Nowadays, every smartphone user has sensitive content stored on their device which they would rather keep private from prying eyes. It is hard to do so on an Android device...
for my innovative project,i was thinking for prevention of road accidents if some material is placed in the front area of vehicle which when pressurized ,leads to a chemical reaction...
The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) has recently published an almost final draft of the 5G specs that defines how the fifth generation of communication is going to be. While 4G...
The Mobile World Congress has begun at Barcelona and so have the new smartphone launches. Today we saw the launch of LG’s new flagship smartphone, the LG G6. The LG...