Regarding career choice

Hi...can any1 of u please suggest me, what should i opt now,
i have done b.tech. CS in 2009 wid 75.6%.
After that I taught in an Engineering college for months i.e. till 31st Jan2010.
After this time I did not get a job.
I tried to go in software sector, but could not find opportunities as a fresher in Delhi/N.C.R. region.
Now I am confused..what to do???
If I go for Higher studies then for what???
M.Tech./M.S.C CS/M.S.C. IT/MS..........MBA
I am not able to decide...what to do..
or I should keep myself trying to join software sector...
ultimately I planned up to some extent that first I need a job for my earning, mean while, I will pursue for part time/correspondence higher studies PG courses for my further growth..............So please is there anyone who can suggest me...for right now..what to do????cause...now no more I want gap in my career....because already I am having one year gap between my studies after b.tech...if i exclude my months teaching experience..............and from February 2010, I am unemployed as well as not enrolled in an course....please suggest me...wh
at to do...thanking you very much.............

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Careers/Jobs section.

You did a very good thing by taking up teaching job. I'd have following recommendation for you -

1. Upload your resume to all popular job sites. Send it to your seniors and keep watch on entry level walk-ins conducted by software companies. I'm sure there will be plenty of them in your region. That is, keep an eye on any job opportunities that come your way.

2. For any of the post graduate studies, you will first have to clear entrance exam. The first step will be to decide what you wish to do: MS/M.Tech Or MBA or other options. I'd highly recommend opting for a field you're most comfortable with and interested in. If you have other constraints like budget; then you will have to select the best option that comes closest to your interests.

Next, you will have to start preparing for relevant entrance exam. For example, if you decide on M.S studies; you will have to prepare for GRE & TOEFL. Instead of thinking that you're wasting your time, give yourself a positive boost by saying I've all 24 hours every-day to prepare for the exams. Depending on the date of your exam; you will have some good time to prepare. Dedicate yourself to studies for 3 months or so.

3. You may also think of joining a course with some private institute that can help you with placements.

4. Alternatively, why not use your teaching experience to conduct private tuition classes or doubt solving sessions and help engineering students. It would result in good income, if earning is one of your top priorities.

Does this help?
  • vineetasingh
    vineetasingh
    Thanking you very much sir,for guiding me. your suggestions are right,instead of I faced a lot of problems.My months teaching job did not create a satisfactory job for me,consequently i got depressed,and left that job.I was so much depressed, that further I decided not to join teaching area.But right now I think if i can survive for initially one year as a lecturer in any college, then further, no problem will occur. I seen engineering guys to be very naughty. They tried to behave me like a friend of theirs, not as a teacher.Cause I looks of same age of them.I am just 21 now. Sir I am totally confused now.I given GATE two times.IN 2008 my score was 69.67,in 2009 i just scored 14marks out of 100, then further i did not give GATE. As I was not studying as much as it needs to get qualified.I am lacking my confidence right now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Depression won't take you anywhere, so the only way is to keep a positive mindeset and find a way out. As I said, first you need to find out your interests and decide one of the career tracks. If MS is your choice, it would be better to start preparing for the GRE and TOEFL. You may even think about joining a coaching class so that your doubts are cleared.

Get rid of all the worries and think with a clear mind. If your score in GATE wasn't good twice, it would be a better choice to not attempt it again. MS would be relatively easier and better option if you are interested.

Just focus on what you want to do and don't be depressed. Depression worsens a bad situation. There's nothing wrong right now; not getting a job for 2-3 years isn't a big deal and won't affect your career in the long run. You have time, so utilize it right now than getting depressed at later stage.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes definitely finding your interest will help you a lot

this is a common problem among most of us that we don't know what are our qualities and how to utilize them?

Your profile says that you are computer engineers if you seeking for job and you have interest in web development then upto my knowledge there is great demand of web developers in Delhi/NCR region

If you are good in any language then you can easily get a good job

come on Don't loose hope 😉
  • vineetasingh
    vineetasingh
    goyal420
    yes definitely finding your interest will help you a lot

this is a common problem among most of us that we don't know what are our qualities and how to utilize them?

Your profile says that you are computer engineers if you seeking for job and you have interest in web development then upto my knowledge there is great demand of web developers in Delhi/NCR region

If you are good in any language then you can easily get a good job

come on Don't loose hope 😉

You are right sir. By childhood I used to teach my friends upto my B.Tech. and all of them were always satisfied with my way of teaching and commented on me to be a good teacher in future. But ultimately when I was in a chance to become lecturer ,then i could not succeed,ultimately i was out of that job. I learned alot from that scenario of job. I have seen how typical is a private engg. college culture. Senior colleagues used to taunt and demoralize. Alot of politics in the organization. All this disturbed me alot. there were people who always tried to decline my confidence level, instead of increasing of theirs'.

Well..all this was past. But How to react in a job with boss,colleagues,juniors is still a big deal for me. In that job my seniors always used to order their work to be done my me. All this was very bad for me. I was not knowing , how to deal all this and still, I dont know. By childhood, I am fond of reading, and my parents want, I do something extra ordinary, or something really very big in my field. But time to time I loose consistency ad efforts, I read motivational books, but dont implement.All this is lagging me back.Initially, I thought to do M.Tech. regular after GATE. But financially , i was not able to do this. Since I have taken educational loan for my B.Tech.

Now I decided to job, for loan installment. And higher studies from correspondence for my career growth.

I did not succeed in GATE twice, because, at that time I was suffering from teenage problem, being disturbed, I did not give sufficient time to studies.

Every time GATE exam paper was seeming to me easy. But I was not able to solve it correctly.In my view to score 85 in GATE is not a big deal, if I read normally, and if I read seriously then i can score above 95 percentile.

But for which study material which kind of I will be needed and from where please guide to me. GATE forums are there on the internet. But i need books who really can guide me for GATE.

Finally thanks really very much for boosting my confidence.

And please guide me all the points of confusion which I have discussed here, related to job, related to GATE study material etc etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All you need to do is implement the advise you've obtained from various sources. Decide which advise suits your conscience and then act upon it. If you think GATE is your game, then go for it. Don't amplify your problems on your own; instead, look at them as challenges.

Finally, you have to...just do it!
  • vineetasingh
    vineetasingh
    The_Big_K
    All you need to do is implement the advise you've obtained from various sources. Decide which advise suits your conscience and then act upon it. If you think GATE is your game, then go for it. Don't amplify your problems on your own; instead, look at them as challenges.

Finally, you have to...just do it!
    ok thanks sir
  • Hwardhan
    Hwardhan
    Hi vineeta. You can do PGDCA, this course will help you a lot in S/W sector .There are so many colleges which provide distance learning but I’m familiar with a good college which Is much better than other, for my personal experience I suggest you Sikkim Manipal University distance program. SMUDE uses the latest edunxt technology to create a virtual classroom where you can interact with the faculty and students and thereby also network with other students, which is a unique and one of its kind feature amongst other colleges offering distance education. For the prospectus and speaking to their counsellor you can register for free.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's shocking for me. Today, when I tried to open my blog hosted at Wordpress.com It shows a message from "Mortgage Web Success" and displays Google Ads. I can not...
😕i just got a doubt that can human pulses be used to generate a small amount of electric current atleast? if yes how much it will be.... is there any...
There are very few user of ubuntu as compared to windows.As we all know that Windows are very well known in terms of ease of use and functionality.And in favour...
Hi all, i work on catia analysis. the run for even simple file takes a lot of memory and a lot of time for computations.the result files obtained are of...
I was reading in Google news about protests in India over the price of fuel. How is fuel priced in India? In the USA, prices vary across the country. The...