Refer a JAVA book

Hi people
I gonna learn JAVA in my vacations....can anyone suggest which is the best book for JAVA??

Replies

• rick
    rick
    if you want an ebook: Go for 'Thinking in Java' by Bruce Eckel
    Level: Beginner .

"Java Secrets" is a good book. Try searching for it on amazon.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    you might try -

The 'Bible' series & 'The Complete Reference' series is also good. Look for Java in that series.

As Rick said, Thinking in Java is also good choice.

-The Big K-
  • Neha
    Neha
    Thanx guys...I'll see which one i can get.
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Hope so you got it.

If not just Give me a Acknowledge msg here.

Sure i will send millions of Java E-Books over mail in minutes.

Regards,
    A.SK...
  • ahmadtahir
    ahmadtahir
    ya u can go with "Head First java" it is very good book and will make java very easy to learn....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ahmadtahir
    ya u can go with "Head First java" it is very good book and will make java very easy to learn....
    Head First series authors have a very good style of writing & explaining the concepts. But the general opinion about Head First books is that they will tell you what the theory is, but it won't actually teach you how to program.

So be careful 😀

-The Big K-
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    i feel E.BALAGURUSWAMY is a good book too..as far as theory and concepts are concerned....I mean its easy to understand!!!!!
    after that u can go for COMPLETE REFERNCE....nice book!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For anybody who exactly don't know about GRE What is the GRE and how is it structured? The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test is a multiple-choice admission test for...
TT- Table tennis... Our Biggi's one of the favourate game... Some of my friends are good friends of biggi... They told me that, "he is not only a GOD admin......
I am re-introducing my-self upon advice of Biggie... Name: Pradeep Kumar Proffession : Engineer Work Place: Sigma Solutions, Hyderabad. Role in organization : Founder, MD and Mentor. Technical intrests: C,...
Hello CEans! 😀 I'll trouble you - a little 😁 Its now mandatory to enter your engineering trade while registering on the forums. Those who are already registered; please update...
m doin aero engineering ..... can any body suggest me wat to in my summer vacation, jst finished my 2nd yr..... wanted to hav some foreign experiene can nyboy suggest...