View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12913 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
joe3204
joe3204 • Apr 27, 2008

reduction gearbox design

i have to design a 2 stage reduction gearbox. helical gear to be used in the first stage and spur to be used in the second stage....

i need names of books which will help in doing the same. i have to design the gearbox and select the materials and everything..URGENT..

thanks in advance,
joe
krishnamachari
krishnamachari • May 12, 2008
use design data book for select the gear material, the teeth on gears are depends up on the design
joe3204
joe3204 • May 13, 2008
thanks but i've already submitted my design...
gdh_ntsh
gdh_ntsh • Jan 20, 2010
hey, i have the same problem. i need to design a two stage reduction gear box with a ratio of atleast 10:1. the first stage has to be using helical gears, and second using spur gears. I need to decide the application, the material, size, module etc and calculate max load sustainable by the gearbox. i was thinking about grinding mills, but im not sure whether it requires a two stage gb or not. can anyone help me out?
Vega
Vega • Jan 20, 2010
We will help you here. You can refer Machine Design by B. U. Bhandari
gdh_ntsh
gdh_ntsh • Jan 20, 2010
B.U bhandari or V.B bhandari? i have machine design by V.B, but it doesnt have what i need. I failed to find an ebook on B.U, could you ple provide a link? thanx
Vega
Vega • Jan 20, 2010
huh, I am sorry. Then it might be what you said. I am getting too old to remember.
😀
gdh_ntsh
gdh_ntsh • Jan 20, 2010
thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
juma1987
juma1987 • Jan 20, 2010
You can try Virgil M. Faires or Robert C. Juvinall, i personally prefer Juvinall
kriakkk
kriakkk • May 22, 2011
gdh_ntsh
thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
hi, may i know for wt application u need a gear box of gear ratio 1:10

Share this content on your social channels -