CrazyEngineers
  • joe3204
    joe3204

MemberApr 26, 2008

reduction gearbox design

i have to design a 2 stage reduction gearbox. helical gear to be used in the first stage and spur to be used in the second stage....

i need names of books which will help in doing the same. i have to design the gearbox and select the materials and everything..URGENT..

thanks in advance,
    joe
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • krishnamachari

MemberMay 12, 2008

use design data book for select the gear material, the teeth on gears are depends up on the design
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • joe3204

MemberMay 12, 2008

thanks but i've already submitted my design...
    Cancel
  • gdh_ntsh

MemberJan 20, 2010

hey, i have the same problem. i need to design a two stage reduction gear box with a ratio of atleast 10:1. the first stage has to be using helical gears, and second using spur gears. I need to decide the application, the material, size, module etc and calculate max load sustainable by the gearbox. i was thinking about grinding mills, but im not sure whether it requires a two stage gb or not. can anyone help me out?
    Cancel
  • Vega

MemberJan 20, 2010

We will help you here. You can refer Machine Design by B. U. Bhandari
    Cancel
  • gdh_ntsh

MemberJan 20, 2010

B.U bhandari or V.B bhandari? i have machine design by V.B, but it doesnt have what i need. I failed to find an ebook on B.U, could you ple provide a link? thanx
    Cancel
  • Vega

MemberJan 20, 2010

huh, I am sorry. Then it might be what you said. I am getting too old to remember.
    😀
    Cancel
  • gdh_ntsh

MemberJan 20, 2010

thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
    Cancel
  • juma1987

MemberJan 20, 2010

You can try Virgil M. Faires or Robert C. Juvinall, i personally prefer Juvinall
    Cancel
  • kriakkk

MemberMay 21, 2011

gdh_ntsh
    thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
    hi, may i know for wt application u need a gear box of gear ratio 1:10
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register