reduction gearbox design

i have to design a 2 stage reduction gearbox. helical gear to be used in the first stage and spur to be used in the second stage....

i need names of books which will help in doing the same. i have to design the gearbox and select the materials and everything..URGENT..

thanks in advance,
joe

Replies

• krishnamachari
    krishnamachari
    use design data book for select the gear material, the teeth on gears are depends up on the design
  • joe3204
    joe3204
    thanks but i've already submitted my design...
  • gdh_ntsh
    gdh_ntsh
    hey, i have the same problem. i need to design a two stage reduction gear box with a ratio of atleast 10:1. the first stage has to be using helical gears, and second using spur gears. I need to decide the application, the material, size, module etc and calculate max load sustainable by the gearbox. i was thinking about grinding mills, but im not sure whether it requires a two stage gb or not. can anyone help me out?
  • Vega
    Vega
    We will help you here. You can refer Machine Design by B. U. Bhandari
  • gdh_ntsh
    gdh_ntsh
    B.U bhandari or V.B bhandari? i have machine design by V.B, but it doesnt have what i need. I failed to find an ebook on B.U, could you ple provide a link? thanx
  • Vega
    Vega
    huh, I am sorry. Then it might be what you said. I am getting too old to remember.
    😀
  • gdh_ntsh
    gdh_ntsh
    thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    You can try Virgil M. Faires or Robert C. Juvinall, i personally prefer Juvinall
  • kriakkk
    kriakkk
    gdh_ntsh
    thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
    hi, may i know for wt application u need a gear box of gear ratio 1:10

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, im an electronics and communication engineer...i have completed my graduation and due to my low percent (lower a bit than 60)..i do not compete through campus...now i need sm...
hey guys..help me out. i'm a mechanical engineering student using linux(ubuntu 7.10) and i need to install a 3-D modeling software. please suggest a good open source software. also, i...
Who can recognize more people 😀 EDIT:: Actually they're 102 not 105
Hi , I am doing my electrical engg , 3rd year . I am planning to do my project in an industry , can you suggest some ideas and some...
my processor is latest i m using mother board(murcury).i have problem with graphics properties when i open graphics properties windows give msg floating run time error c++ visual microsoft.