reduce cooling time of cast aluminium

how to reduce the cooling time of cast aluminium without changing physical properties

need help

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    in what way are you allowing the cast to cool ?

if you are allowing it to cool by leaving it just like that then you can circulate coolants around the die/mould . that may increase the rate of heat transfer and reduce the cooling time.

If the cooling time in any way affects the physical properties, then you will have to determine by trial and error, experimentally a lesser cooling time which may not affect the properties and like wise you may have to design your cooling system.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    More data needed to give sensible response. Are you talking of cooling after demoulding? If the alloy has silicon, the grain structure will be modified by the cooling process. What sort of properties do you want unchanged?
    Aluminium being a good conductor of heat the cooling rate is determined by the surface heat transfer rather than internal conducted transfer. Blowing air over the component will moderately increase the cooling rate. Sprinkling water will be faster. Immersion in agitated water will be the fastest.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. i want to know about best pg-dac center.i got 58 rank in c-cat in pg-dac.so which way i should go?.. cdac pune or cdac banglore or hydrabaad? please help...
Hi........ I am Sharvlak Joshi .I am currently pursuing my B.E. degree In IT Branch. I love to work on projects and recently I am working on some live projects.
can any one say.. what type of suspensions are used in UGV...
Name: Hemanth Engineering trade: Electronics and telecommunications Location:Raipur Occupation: Student Hobbies and Interests: Net surfing, playing chess, watching animes &sports...i'm have interest in communication technologies & space technology Aim: to...

hai

Iam sarumathi sa doing my B.TECH IT in kongunadu college of engineering and technology.