Recommended Wordpress setup server and editor

I am working on a Wordpress blog. I have successfully able setup with wampserver and it working fine on localhost.
My problem is I can't able to access server over LAN to test on mobile. I tried lots of tricks port inbound in firewall, disabling firewall and configuring in wampserver httpd.conf. but no luck.
Can anyone help me out?
Is there any other better server you recommend?
I am also looking for a good editor for wordpress php file and scripting things.

Replies

• avii
    avii
    Which OS you use ? For Mac, sublime text 2 will be fine for php.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I just Downloaded sublime 2 for Windows too.. recommended in IDE thread... any else server, I can't able to access wamp server over lan
  • avii
    avii
    I never tried anything over LAN, so I have no idea how that works. I always deploy on my VPS.

Why don't you get a free hosting account temporarily & try ? instead of breaking your head over WAMP 😛 I suggest you x hosting.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Which port are you running your apache on? Is it the default 80 or you've a custom configured port?

If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to access any computer's localhost by typing
    For WordPress, I think your regular Eclipse PDT should work great.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I would try Eclipse PDT.😀
    I got another problem that even if I added port for for inbound rule in firewall or even stopped firewall. I can't able to access server using IP.
    I tried using tomcat and even disabled firewall at all but no luck. It's some kind of weird windows problem.
    Ping to local system is working but not the port. check using Advance port scanner. It saying port is not open.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why not just try disabling the firewall altogether? Are you able to Ping to the host over the lan?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Screening Criteria Looking only for immediately available freshers 2011/2012 passed out from B.E, B.Tech & MCA from CS & IT branch. Students should have an aggregate of 60% through out...
After the winner demo at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013, LG Electronics, the consumer electronics giant is all set to launch the new version of LTE called LTE TDD in...
Firefox OS based smartphones are coming. This summer, these phones will be available at select market places for consumers. But don't we all love some free stuff? So, if you...
Wishing our oldie CEan narayana murthy a very happy birthday! 😁 Have a blast, friend! 🎉
It is official. BlackBerry Q10, the 3.1-inch Super AMOLED screened, QWERTY keypad bearing smartphone with the latest BlackBerry 10 operating system (second only to BlackBerry Z10) is here. Snapdeal, the...