Recent boom in internal memory storage

Guys we have had so many mobile reviews from local market holders like Micromax Karbonn and some top shot like Samsung, Nokia, Sony, LG and many more

One feature that was very common about a year ago is lower internal inbuilt memory in the order of 200 to 300MB. This small space included all the OS, Installed software and many other stuff. Do note that the size of these mobile phones are fairly the same as that we see released recently

But nowadays in the recently launched mobile phones be it LG's most recent mobile or that of Sony's we see that the internal memory is about 4GB and the greatest puzzle to me is that they are of the same size

How on earth does it happen?
What is the secret behind the similarity in size but still a drastic increase in the size of the internal memory of the mobile phones?

Increasing memory size is no joke you need a lot of hardware that means more size But I just don't see how it is possible momory has nearly quadrupled and size is not even increased by 110% of the actual size😲😲

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    your question may look like a childs question but to be honest,I am on your side.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Jeffrey Samuel
    Guys we have had so many mobile reviews from local market holders like Micromax Karbonn and some top shot like Samsung, Nokia, Sony, LG and many more

One feature that was very common about a year ago is lower internal inbuilt memory in the order of 200 to 300MB. This small space included all the OS, Installed software and many other stuff. Do note that the size of these mobile phones are fairly the same as that we see released recently

But nowadays in the recently launched mobile phones be it LG's most recent mobile or that of Sony's we see that the internal memory is about 4GB and the greatest puzzle to me is that they are of the same size

How on earth does it happen?
    What is the secret behind the similarity in size but still a drastic increase in the size of the internal memory of the mobile phones?

Increasing memory size is no joke you need a lot of hardware that means more size But I just don't see how it is possible momory has nearly quadrupled and size is not even increased by 110% of the actual size😲😲
    hi my friend can u tell me the size of memorycard we use for the external storage and one more thing is that the size remains the same but memory increases so its the same case of mobile phones we enguneers try to make the devices as compact as we can and for a simple memory chip i dont think a lot of space is required.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Not sure if what you are stating is possible cos addressing a memory in a memory card is much different from that of the internal memory of the device

Always hardwired direct addressing is complicated where as controlled memory access involves lesser circuitory That is how memory cards are accessed and by dircet addressing

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can sensors which were mainly used in Smartphone’s combine to form a good suspension system? Accelerometer sensor, gyroscope sensor are one of the mostly used sensors in today’s smart phone’s...
A very good news for Java os operated mobile users. Many of you would have longed for playing a game like temple run or a subway surfers or a similar...
I'm in the process of setting up the legal documents and the discoveries I make almost on daily basis shock me like anything! As an employer, the hiring company must...
Quote: A flying robot concept named Mab is the winner of the 11th Electrolux Design Lab competition. Finals took place at the Fotografiska Museum in Stockholm, Sweden. Endquote https://www.appliancemagazine.com/news.php?article=1703914&zone=0&first=1
Can we use "Smartstay " smart phone feature in automobile safety enhancement? This question striked me when I was surfing the features of the samsung s3 phone in which the...