Rapid Construction Projects: 30 Story Building In 15 Days!

Chinese Civil & Structural engineers are surely setting benchmarks for the rest of the world when it comes to rapid construction projects. The following video shows how Chinese engineers built a 30 story building in just 15 days. It's incredible! The building is earthquake resistant and can resist quakes up to 9 in magnitude.

Now, that makes me wonder if such type of construction is possible, why isn't the techniques used in regular constructions? I typically see buildings taking months to complete. What enables Chinese engineers to build at such a rapid pace? Anyone? How does the construction differ?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. They were working round the clock, even at night. Taking that into account, it's more like 30 conventional 'working days'.

More than that, we can see that most of the parts of the building are prefabricated. We don't know how much time it took for them to fabricate those parts and to ship them to the construction site.

But eventually, even after considering all these, the speed of construction is phenomenal, compared to the normal construction times here in India! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It looks like Infosys is delaying the joining dates of the 2012 graduates by almost 1 year. Few of the grads I know have received their Infosys joining dates in...
There is always a opinion among us. When people look at us they form an opinion right off. Is The same happening during recruitment process?
I am a final year Electronics and communication engg. student and i want some project ideas regarding wireless communication....!
Vedas have been source of knowledge for many here are few facts that will prove it 1). Vedas predicted nearly exact age of universe(watch out for this link): https://www.hitxp.com/articles/veda/veda-age-universe-bigbang/ 2).predicted...
Today's world there we hardly found any job which is suitable for EEE engineers..........