RAM Booster softeware

Is RAM Booster software really boosts our RAM???

Please Help me.....

VIPUL

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Hi Vipul, when several process execute on same time they fill RAM with random data. The data in RAM is stored in FET's and each of them is capable of storing a single bit. DRAM controller is an IC used to refresh the contents of RAM every 2-3ms(time may vary). So when a process uses RAM and suppose due to some reason the process locks memory for use and then dies before clearing it, the space is kept occupied unnecessarily, actually your OS automatically finds and clears that space but since an OS have to handle several things clearing process slows down and even DRAM controller never knows the memory space it is refreshing is no more needed.
    RAM boosting softwares takes exclusive locks on unused memory space and clears all unnecessary occupied space and even asks DRAM controller not to refresh it anymore. If you can remember then we usually do practical in 2nd or 3rd year for mapping free RAM in OS lab, the working of RAM boosting softwares is pretty much same as that program.
    Many RAM boosting programs also claim for handling fragmentation problem in RAM to boost performance, by the way i don't know how they really do that, in fact i doubt this claim is highly questionable.
    I hope explanation was quite easy. Feel free to ask.
    Happy Computing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friend's, I want some read about ethical hacking and for that i need some books. So if anyone who read some books on ethical hacking please share the name...
What is the alias of the network ?
obliterate (v): to wipe out; to destroy completely obstinate (adj): stubborn; unyielding ominous (adj): threatening
palatable (adj): Pleasant to the taste; agreeable to the feelings The word palate refers both to the roof of the mouth and, more commonly, to the sense of taste. A...
qualify (n): to state exceptions to a general statement quandary (n): a state of uncertainty quasi (adj or adv): Almost; near; resembling This word is always used in combination with...