rack and pinion calculations

hiiiiiiiiiii............

i 😕am having problems with rack and pinion calculatons.................can ny i plsssssss give me the formula in terms of pitch of the rack and the no. of teeth
of the pinion. i need to findout the teeth spacing on the rack and pinion........... that can help me calculate the distance moved by the rack for 1 rotation of the pinion...........
thanx.............😛

Replies

• Tkelly
    Tkelly
    Without knowing the load to be moved, you can not decide the pitch of Rack & Pinion.
    Also mention the distance of the rack you required to mave by one revolution of pinion.

Tom
    CAD Outsourcing Services India | Indovance Inc
  • hinduja.prasad
    hinduja.prasad
    ok....thanx for the reply but the problem is i am using this steering and i have a particular steering ratio in my mind. and yes i also know the total rack length and dia of the pinion. so can u plsssssssss 😔 help find out pitch.........
  • Tkelly
    Tkelly
    There is formula for calculating the pitch, but it also requires the technical data as written earlier.

Tom
  • zorif
    zorif
    in Rack and pinion
    first u need to know the load,to choose the module type.ie.module1,1.5 etc.higher the module more distance u will travel for one rotation of pinion.and lower the resolution will be.
    you need to have the gears technical handbook to choose the appropriate rack and pinon.give me some time i will post the gear reference manual.using which u can do the module and pitch calculations.
  • Tkelly
    Tkelly
    Zorif is right. I also suggested same thing.
    From the load you can decide module od DP ( in inches). Once you know the module, you can calculate further data from gear design handbook.

Tom
  • kurtdaniel
    kurtdaniel
    zorif
    in Rack and pinion
    first u need to know the load,to choose the module type.ie.module1,1.5 etc.higher the module more distance u will travel for one rotation of pinion.and lower the resolution will be.
    you need to have the gears technical handbook to choose the appropriate rack and pinon.give me some time i will post the gear reference manual.using which u can do the module and pitch calculations.
    tnx..for this info..hope it will be completed soon.,Im gonna subscribe to this thread cause I really need a solution for my rack and pinion and other #-Link-Snipped-#..😒
  • satanas
    satanas
    hi, i would like some information about " how to mount a rack and pinion in the vertical plane".. the pinion will be moving the rack, which will follow a reciprocating vertical motion.. the load is aprroximately 3 kg.. any recommendation on wat type of rack should i use?

thx beforehand..
    satanas..
  • madhukar0028
    madhukar0028
    hi.......can someone tel me how to calculate rpm of pinion in rack pinion mechanism.........
    thanx
  • Soham De
    Soham De
    Dear Sirs i want to know the standard rack and pinion gear dimensions for the steering . where cn i get that I hv my load details!!!
  • Soham De
    Soham De
    zorif
    in Rack and pinion
  • entrepreneur
    entrepreneur
    i need 1:2 steering ratio can u plz hlp me?????
  • Anjudivi
    Anjudivi
    Hii . Actually i want to knoe the formula for 1/16th distance travelled on the work piece which has rack and pinion movement . Can u plz help me out
  • Anjudivi
    Anjudivi
    Plzzzz plzzz ans me fast
  • Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    check out the link.!
  • Anjudivi
    Anjudivi
    Actually wanted to knoe the distance travelled not the load which is kept
  • Anjudivi
    Anjudivi
    Thnks 4 try 2 help me out but the link which u sent me does not contain the info which i want
  • Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    Kalaiyarasan Rajendran
    oops.!! sry 2 hve👎
  • mahesh patki
    mahesh patki
    please send me rack and pinion calculations pls fast

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi engineers i want some help to chose my topic for my third year project i am studying power and control and i want to do something on renewable energy....
ok, I'm really bored of this. Nobody answers these questions. So, this time, i have really simplified it. This time, the connect is very simple that you cant miss this....
please help me to decide which one to learn? php+mysql or asp.net+vb.net+c#
Continued ... Here is a comparison of both the Inverter Assy. As you can see there is a major difference in them. The High Voltage generation technics is obviously different...
Do we have any sports quizmaster on CE?