question related to ubuntu linux

when I inserted ubuntu cd into dell inspiron 1456 I got the linux command line instead of installation window with GUI format .First time I came across this situation.I have no idea how to proceed and how to install linux in this situation.So please somebody guide me?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you installing from a Live CD? What version of uBuntu are you installing?
  • Leo
    Leo
    computeridiot007
    when I inserted ubuntu cd into dell inspiron 1456 I got the linux command line instead of installation window with GUI format .First time I came across this situation.I have no idea how to proceed and how to install linux in this situation.So please somebody guide me?
    Type startx if you got command line, then boot live and then install. I hope this solves your problem.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    The_Big_K
    Are you installing from a Live CD? What version of uBuntu are you installing?
    brother for all linux os it is coming like that .This is not only for ubuntu.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    Leo
    Type startx if you got command line, then boot live and then install. I hope this solves your problem.
    brother whether to type startx any privilleges has needed.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Type startx on command line. And no previleges are required since startx always run without any previlege. If still it doesn't solve your problem post an image of command line you are getting and please mention which version and which type of Ubuntu you are using.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone tell me the difference between Broadband and dial-up connection.....?
When you are angry or deeply hurt, you may blow small problems out of proportion. Just as love sometimes clouds our objectivity, hurt and anger have a similar effect too....
Get latest information about Global Outsource events, Market Research events, Pharmaceutical events, Healthcare events, Clinical Research events, doctor’s events, bio-pharma events, software service events and business research events at
why harmonic is produced in the motor???
Check out this site about Mercedes Benz... The power of Adobe Flash at its zenith... An awesome work by the people who designed this link.. Do take a look at...