Queries on RFID readers & tags

Can any help me with this problem how to store the information into a rfid tag chip whether it may be active or passive tag.. And i want to know which one is better to use(active or passive).

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    kamba giri
    Can any help me with this problem how to store the information into a rfid tag chip whether it may be active or passive tag.. And i want to know which one is better to use(active or passive).
    Can you let me know which Reader/Writer you are using? and also part number of the TAGs you are using.

Active TAG gives you more coverage as compare to Passive TAGs.
  • kamba giri
    kamba giri
    godfather
    Can you let me know which Reader/Writer you are using? and also part number of the TAGs you are using.

Active TAG gives you more coverage as compare to Passive TAGs.
    actually we are doing a project rfid based employee tracking system. we are at the initial stage and we need to gather complete info about it. we ought to prepare a middle ware which forms as a connectivity between user and the system. We have still not at decided to which reader to use, so will you provide us the clear information about rfid reader, tags and their corresponding costs.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    kamba giri
    actually we are doing a project rfid based employee tracking system. we are at the initial stage and we need to gather complete info about it. we ought to prepare a middle ware which forms as a connectivity between user and the system. We have still not at decided to which reader to use, so will you provide us the clear information about rfid reader, tags and their corresponding costs.
    There are different types of RFID Readers available. HF, UHF So you have to finalize which one you are going to use they are also provides Serial or USB interface. If I'm not wrong you are going to use it with your PC then Go with Serial after that you have to write the coding part for GUI. By sending Command on Serial port you can Read any TAG or Write into that TAG. UHF can give you good range but it's size is bigger compare to HF Reader.
  • kamba giri
    kamba giri
    godfather
    There are different types of RFID Readers available. HF, UHF So you have to finalize which one you are going to use they are also provides Serial or USB interface. If I'm not wrong you are going to use it with your PC then Go with Serial after that you have to write the coding part for GUI. By sending Command on Serial port you can Read any TAG or Write into that TAG. UHF can give you good range but it's size is bigger compare to HF Reader.
    ya i am using with my pc. but what exactly i wanted to know is how can we write the employee details into an active rfid tag whether we should use any program or any external devices... could you clearly elaborate it...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    kamba giri
    ya i am using with my pc. but what exactly i wanted to know is how can we write the employee details into an active rfid tag whether we should use any program or any external devices... could you clearly elaborate it...
    Tag have some memory. You can save alphabet or numbers into that. So you can give unique id to all employee. After that use the Reader as a writer give commands for writing data into Tag and it's all done! You'll get more clear picture once you buy the reader. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think I best fall in the category of the Internet Geek. (the most un-cool of them all 😛 ) What kind of a geek are you? Share in the...
hello people... i m stuck in a problem .can any1 tell me how to compile java programs in cmd prompt. m trying n i got an error like javac:file not...
Hai friends: I found a good source for AIEEE preparation. They are offering 15% for all the packs and the quality is so good. https://bit.ly/HVZ8V8 Just try
Genetic engineering is considered to be a threat to food security, especially in a changing climate. The introduction of genetically manipulated organisms by choice or by accident grossly undermines sustainable...
Hi guys😀 I heard its totally new concept. I heard there are more patents even. I need more information for this concept. Can anyone please help me?? Which site i...