Quantum Magnatics

we know that magnetic flux travels from north pole to south pole..
wt happens if we place a super conductor(which doesn't allow magnetic flux to pass form it) in middle of a bar magnet.
how does the flux travels?
can any one explain me ?
im on my project work of making an magnetic engine
help me

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • krngd2
    krngd2
    bioramani
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    yes sir i have watched the videos...
    but my question is placing a super conductor in the middle of a bar magnet in the way that flux dont flow from N-S. does the flux continuesly comes out? if it goes to earths magnetic field, what happens is we close the N-pole with a super conductor...
    THANK YOU
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Flux will flow around it. What will happen if the whole earth is enclosed in a hollow sphere of magnetic shielding MU metal?
    The pole is not a single point. The field will go around in a radiating outward in the space below the superconductor.
  • krngd2
    krngd2
    [​IMG]sorry for my bad English SIR....
    what if the magnet is closed by an superconductor.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A bar magnet is just an assembly of millions of aligned magnetic elements. A magnetic line of force has meaning only when both ends exist.

I am not sure about the hypothetical situation that you have illustrated.

What is most likely to happen is that the exposed portion of the bar magnet will behave like a shorter magnet with the Noth pole located at the exit from the shield. The field lines will come to that point from the exposed South pole.
    Interestingly the end away from the North pole inside the enclosure may become the South pole of the portion of the bar inside with field lines between these two poles.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Data signals may now be transmitted over illuminating LEDs, if a consortium of universities led by Stathclyde get their way. WiFi routers may no longer be needed. https://machinedesign.com/article/le...@ttkprestige.com&YM_MID=1378101&sfvc4enews=42
CEans, We've been notified of a possible issue/bug on our site. When any discussion thread is open (like this one, for example) the browser tab shows the title of the...
Our year created 5 different types of a miniature of transportation system. And i just want it to share here...
Hi, I have this error in evalfis. ??? Error using ==> evalfismex Illegal parameters in fisGaussianMF() --> sigma = 0 Error in ==> evalfis at 84 [output,IRR,ORR,ARR] = evalfismex(input, fis,...
hie guys i am sagar .3rd yr cs b.e. .i like 2 browse abt latest tech and love music