Quantum Dot Technology - Seminar Topic

Samsung, the leader in display technology is now working on a new technology that will make OLED and CLD look like a thing of past. The biggest disadvantage OLED had, despite being far superior to LCD, that they were too expensive to produce in bulk.

Quantum Dot offers better resolutions than OLED and can be produced in bulk. The researchers have been successful in developing 4" full Quantum Dot panel. It's still in experiments stage and far from being introduced to the market. Quantum Dot panels consume 1/5[sup]th[/sup] power compared to LCD, are brighter and also have a longer life span.

Samsung has said that the this technology can work on Glass as well as flexible plastic - which means the future display screens will be flexible or even foldable.

I believe this could be an interesting Seminar Topic for all of those who're looking for new and innovative topics for presentations.

Replies

• medeepak
    medeepak
    wow
    QDs here too
    i am working on a project to study electron transport characs of graphene double quantum dots for past six months

happy to see a topic on my research interest

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I feel sad to see the lack of awareness and willingness among engineers about entrepreneurship and starting new companies on their own. I thought of collecting information about the lesser...
If you feel too tired to drive after a long day at your office or if you are simply too lazy to put your hands on the steering wheel, then...
CEGONSOFT is continuously spamming CE Forums and I want to make CEans aware that the companies that spam forums and ignore our warnings should be banned. I'd never trust a...
sir, can u plz send me a final year project related 2 microcontroller..........on my mail
Hello friends, Many a times you must have heard of valves many times. ever wondered what a valve is?Let us talk what a valve is with reference to an engine....