QTP or Selenium : Switching To Automation From Manual Testing

Hi, I am manual tester, and want to move in automation so learning & training of which one tool will be good for growth in software testing.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Namiej
    Hi, I am manual tester, and want to move in automation so learning & training of which one tool will be good for growth in software testing.
    I'd say both. Selenium isn't very hard to master, but QTP can take some time depending your previous familiarity with scripting / programming. Both are quite efficient and frequently used tools. But if you wish to pick up 'one' tool - my suggestion would be QTP; because that's what most of the industry prefers. Selenium would be an icing on the cake. πŸ˜€

Thread moved to jobs/careers section.
  • Namiej
    Namiej
    Thanks πŸ˜€
  • Sumit Naidu
    Sumit Naidu
    Hi Kaustubh ,
    Hope you are doing good !!

Need some career advice from you
    See currently im working in one of the reputed Telecom company as a senior test engineer(manual) i got offer from one small startup company workin on mobile ads they are giving opportunity to work in automation testing..
    Just wanted your advice is it ok that i can gohead with this offer or there's any risk for joining small startup company...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# . I can't speak for the entire startup community. You will have to evaluate it yourself. You will need your own reasons to join the company. If it's just for the sake of finding a job in automation - then you should be able to find it elsewhere as well.

If you want to get exposed to building a company while working for it - then the startup company is usually the choice. Depending upon the size of the company and the attitude of the company; you will be exposed to a lot of things.

Evaluate the company. Talk to the founders, existing team and make your decision.
  • Sumit Naidu
    Sumit Naidu
    Hi Kaustubh ,
    Actually it's not completely startup organization it has already established
    itself & i checked the compnay review they are competing with big companies
    like Google & Inmobi...comopany name "Airpush"
    I had done lot of RnD abt it but still some doubt i have...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am new to eng. recently joining to civil eng. in ycce
hi everyone............. this is nikhil vashistha from delhi india. an upcoming software engineer.
hello crazy engineers, i am currently in my third year of bachelors in electrical and electronics department. i ve been thinking very much about an idea of harnessing lightning energy....
hiiiiiii friends my name is gayathri 😁 😁 😁 i am a hardworking and a enthusiastic person😁
The Speed Cash Maintenance project's idea is to transfer money from one place to another within a short time. Abstract: The development of the new system should contain the following...