Pulsed Lasers for Coherent Energy Projectile

Hi all Im new to this forum and am interested in mechanical engineering with a focus on projectile acceleration/Directed Energy weapons
I was conducting a thought experiment to reproduce the APPEARANCE not funtion(as of yet) of a coherent energy projectile, i.e, a phaser or laser burst. I have been researching slow light propagation and reduction in speed through pulsing lasers and partial cancellation.
I was wondering if it is possible to combine several individual light waves in a way that a single wave packet is formed and travels at a speed observable to the eye (on the order of 100-1000m/s) without the use of temperatures near 0K. Could a device be built that sends a pulse of light down a beam(of smaller amplitude as to pronounce the effect of the pulse), in a star wars style laser blast?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Afraid not. Speed of light in any given medium is invariant irrespective of coherence.

Bioramani

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do watch this video and place yourself in place of parvesh This is one of the best scene i liked too much [video=youtube;FOYQh42sTYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOYQh42sTYs[/video]
Google has finally took the browser out of Beta. THe new browser is faster, has new UI for settings page and sync facility across various mobile devices. Check out our...
Hello, I am a high school senior working on my CAPSTONE project. What I'm thinking of doing is a LED ANALOG CLOCK, or anything else involved with LED. Can anybody...
Company will showcase technology that promotes end-to-end efficiency WASHINGTON D.C., and SINT-NIKLAAS, Belgium, 8 March 2011. Newtec, a global industry leader shaping the future of satellite communications, will showcase its...
I need info on hybrid Photovoltaic/ Thermal system. someone please help me😕