PSUs To Recruit Based On GATE score

I was informed yesterday (may not be a news to everyone) that the PSUs in India won't be able to recruit directly from the campus; but have been forced to implement GATE score as a criteria for selection of candidates. The complaint was made by the engineering students from non-NIT students that the PSUs take hundreds of candidates directly from top NITs and therefore they don't get a chance to find a job in government run companies.

In order to give everyone a fair chance, GATE score has been made mandatory for getting a job in PSU.

I'm wondering if this is a news to everyone? What's your opinion on this?

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Yes surely it would be a fair chance for all.
    Some of the PSUs are still available to be filled but NTPC's last date was 30 december.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I heard about the IOCL not being able to recruit at the NITs directly as it used to because of this latest change in the policy.
  • Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
    it's good for students outside NIT'S studying in private firms. All will get a equal oppurtunity .Morever there won't be any discrimination among standard of universities.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can someone here code a GUI based tool, preferably using PHP+MySQL to create automatic server backups at specified frequency, upload the backups to Amazon S3, sync the number of backup...
It is usually said and performed practically that material becomes hard after quenching. but my question is that why material becomes hard after sudden cooling? what happens to its inner...
as is 456 describes that the strain in tension reinforcement should be more than .87fy/es +.002 what is the logic????
Hello Friends I was wondering if there any website for reading reviews of users and their ratings on any kind of product or service available in market
hi to everyone out there I am a mechanical engineering student,who is very much in to technical stuff. i created a blog in which they are posts on mechanical engineering...