Proposed Skyscrapper Projects

My particular interest lies in Supertall buildings and Skyscrappers. This thread is meant for the latest proposed skyscrapper projects (which are being planned but no actual construction started) all over the world.

Here are few I got from skyscrappercity -

Shangri-la at the Fort
Approx Height: 208 meters (not final)
Architect - SOM
Interior Design - Hirsch Bedner Associates

Landmarkk Tower Istanbul
-52 floors AG
-11 floors UG
-150,000m²

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One Shenton Way, Singapore. Will have 50 floors and the project is expected to complete in 2011.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No one is interested in discussing skyscrappers? I thought this thread would attract 100 responses every day! 😕
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    There is a tallest standing skyscraper in the world.It is the 'Tokyo sky tree' also called new Tokyo tower(Previous name).
    It touched a hight of 1971 feet on this Tuesday and is still under construction.

The second tallest tower after it is Canton tower of China.[​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You sure about this?
    There is a tallest standing skyscraper in the world
    I thought it's still the Burj Khalifa. Interesting information 😀 Keep sharing 😁
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thanks biggie for your response.But let me correct my self.
    Burj Khalifa is actually 828m i.e; 2717 feet tall (Sky tree is just 1971 feet) but construction is going on so you can expect it to be taller than former.
    Tokyo sky tree is however worlds tallest "FREE STANDING TOWER".
    They are not disclosing the final height.I don't know much however Tokyo sky tree surpassed Canton tower of china(1968 feet).
    [​IMG]
    (This is the image of Canton tower)
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Thank you for sharing this Ishu.I thought Burj Khalifa is the highest skyscraper but when I see this... it may become more taller than Burj Khalifa
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm shocked. By the way, have you guys read this -> #-Link-Snipped-#

I look forward to seeing more interesting structures 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The Bow at Calgary, Alberta, Canada

[​IMG]

The Bow got it's name from the tower's unique, curving shape.

When it's completed it will be Calgary's first steel skyscraper, which means it'll use significantly less material, as a steel frame does away with the need for a multitude of weaker supports built into load-bearing walls.

It will also be Calgary's tallest building, and the green-minded team at Fosters and Partners built it to be environmentally sustainable. Three sky lobbies spaced about 18 floors apart divide it into three zones for business, shopping and leisure, and a southward atrium spans the entirety of the Bow's facade, which will expose the inside to plenty of sun and help warm it during Canadian winters.

Energy is also saved by the amount of light the Bow's heavily-windowed structure lets in, meaning more natural illumination and less of the artificial stuff.

While it won't even make the list of the 100 tallest buildings in the world at a modest 774 ft., The Bow still stands tall--and curved--as an example of environmentally-minded architecture.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    How about indian sky scrapers?

Supertech Ltd has announced launching ‘North Eye’ project in Noida, NCR. Standing at 255 meters with 60 floors, the company claims this will be North India’s tallest residential development.

The features of this concept tower are matchless and it is going to give an opportunity to the proud owners to live at a height no one has done ever before.” The project will be spread over an area of 9 acres which will be built up in three parts: East wing, West wing and Central Tower.

to read more... #-Link-Snipped-#

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    a better about this building ... North Eye

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Resonance is once again in front of you with all the current happenings, new discoveries and fun in the field of electrical engineering. Resonance is an integral part of our...
The most awaited technical symposium, Quest 11, organised by the department of computer science and engineering JNTU is back, this year bigger, and better. Computer Science and Engineering Department of...
CEans, The exam time is coming and there is a large number of students who're planning for summer internships or training and some are planning to get certifications. Share your...
hey, could someone please help me out.. i am trying for summer internship at 509 army base workshop, agra but i couldn't find their email address. If i send my...
Professor Channing Robertson of the Stanford University Chemical Engineering Department gives an introductory lecture, outline, and background for the course. Introduction to Chemical Engineering (E20) is an introductory course offered...