Project Idea : Redesigning The Computer Mouse.

A decade ago. the computer mouse with balls were used. Years passed & new technology, called Optical mouse came into existence.

I have bought plenty of mice in few years & one problem I found was common : The scroll-key button always stops working within a year. And, sometimes even the left-click button & right-click button malfunctions.

So, why don't we replace buttons with touch-pad ? And, scroll-key touchpad ? I don't think there's anything like "scroll-key touchpad", but this touchpad works same as mobile touchscreen, as you drag on the mobile screen, the page changes; same as if you drag on the scroll-key touchpad, the page on the desktop, laptop will be scrolled.

This kind of project already been developed ? (Well, I don't know)
What components & how to create it ? (I don't know this either)
But, we can share the thoughts & ideas here & if possible work on it ?

But for that we need to know that how we can embed the touchpad I/O to the optical circuit of the mouse ?

Let the discussion begin, CEans !

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    😘 Are you talking about a mouse something similar to trackpad of Laptops.

if a laptop can have it why not desktops. In place of giving a mouse, its pretty much possible to give a trackpad mouse in keyboard. In fact I have seen few boards with trackpads.

Meanwhile, what do you say about Apple mouse? do you like that?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I pretty much like the magic trackpad that Apple ships. I haven't used it but even Apple's magic mouse does a lot more than your regular mouse.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    Meanwhile, what do you say about Apple mouse? do you like that?
    Apple is racist, I like Black(I don't stick to black only only) they like (only)White (White ipod,iphone, white white everything). We can never go along.
    BTW,I have always said that Apple are uber awesome in designing. Only thing that irks me is their Licenses & Patenting policies.Well, I don't wanna talk about this in CE. It's worthless.

Kaustubh Katdare
    I pretty much like the magic trackpad that Apple ships. I haven't used it but even Apple's magic mouse does a lot more than your regular mouse.
    I haven't used Mac desktop. So, I don't know how good the mouse of Apple is.
    So what I mentioned in thread about the redesigning of mouse, is different than what's used by Apple? or same technology ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia has launched an all new phone in for its Asha series of smartphones in India with Nokia Asha 301. With 3.5G internet speed at your disposal, this Asha phone...
Hey, Could someone suggest me a good WordPress theme for a blogging niche blog. A magazine theme would also work. Although a free theme would work great, but if it's...
PayZippy - an online payment gateway service from Flipkart Payment Gateway Services (FPGS) Pvt. Ltd. has been launched exclusively for Indian merchants. The service will allow merchants to accept card...
Tomás Palacios, associate professor of electrical engineering & computer science at MIT is fascinated by two materials - Gallium Nitride & Graphene. He calls them 'Extreme Materials' and has setup...
Nokia has launched Nokia 207, Nokia 208 and Nokia 208 Dual SIM phones today aimed at providing 3G connectivity to budget users. Nokia have continued with the ‘candy bar’ styling...