Project Idea: Cell Phone Jammer

hey guys i am new to this site.....infact i joined just 2 minuets ago....
i was sort of wondering if anyone could help me......i am out of ideas for my 3rd year project.....i was thinking of cell phone jammers and got a few ideas......can anyone help me......
any new ideas would also be greatly appreciated...

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Re: !!!help!!!!

Welcome to CE krishnav,
    sorry i dont have much idea about cellphone jammers but just heard a little bit about it,
    Good topic,,i guess,, go on with it ALL THE BEST!!!
  • krishnav
    krishnav

thank u vishnu....can u plz forward the message to other people as well.....i am dire need of some help or ideas.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

krishnav
    thank u vishnu....can u plz forward the message to other people as well.....i am dire need of some help or ideas.....
    You haven't specified what help you need. This section is full of ideas for projects and seminars. Have you tried going through ideas contributed by CEans?
  • krishnav
    krishnav

i wanted to do my third year project.....the project should be micro-controller/micro-processor based......i wanted to do cell phone jammers but searching for the materials gave me the result that it is illegal in many countries and it seems to be very difficult to implement.....can u plz help me now.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

krishnav
    i wanted to do my third year project.....the project should be micro-controller/micro-processor based......i wanted to do cell phone jammers but searching for the materials gave me the result that it is illegal in many countries and it seems to be very difficult to implement.....can u plz help me now.....
    What you are doing is a study project and should not be used in public. You can use it to demo your project building & technical skills.

I'd say go ahead with it and build a cell phone jammer. Even Apple's co-founder, Steve Wozniak had build a TV remote jammer just for fun! 😀
  • krishnav
    krishnav
    thanks for the suggestion........i will go on with it....
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya

krishnav
    yeah,definitely will help you if i get even a small piece of information on it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Guys have you check out the thread started by silverscorpian?

He had started the thread regarding cell phone jammer and also contains some data please have a look in "electrical and electronics" section.
  • krishnav
    krishnav
    yeah....i read the one started by silverscorpian......
    anyways thanks....
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good to hear that. Cell phone jammer is an interesting project. Do go ahead with it.

How far have you went in your project?

Or, what have you done so far? How are you planning to do it?

If you have any circuits and have some doubts or something, post it here and may be, we'll help you get it done.

All the best.

And about the illegal thing, you should be fine as long as you refrain from going and jamming signals in public..
  • krishnav
    krishnav
    i am currently doing literature survey.....
    my project tilte is yet to be accepted....anyway with all of you and yours help i think i can do it.....
    thanks
  • Alice-999
    Alice-999
    Jamming devices overpower the cell phone by transmitting a signal on the same frequency and at a high enough power that the two signals collide and cancel each other out. Cell phones are designed to add power if they experience low-level interference, so the must recognize and match the power increase from the phone.
    Cell phones are full-duplex devices, which means they use two separate frequencies, one for talking and one for listening simultaneously. Some jammers block only one of the frequencies used by cell phones, which has the effect of blocking both. The phone is tricked into thinking there is no service because it can receive only one of the frequencies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello sir,madam and friends i am shalabh in final year of btech ,computer science. there is no companies in my college for placements in our college,so please guide me whether...
hello friends,i am shalabh ,final year btech ,computer science,as there is no placements this time so i hope i had to be more prepared , can you please tell what...
A Interesting article found on web. Multitaskers make lousy multitaskers: study
Hello, this is Nami. I am a student of computer science. While learning C++, I faced a query about operator overloading using friend function. I am pretty clueless about how...
Do you use your Core 2 Duo, for surfing the internet, making presentations or replying to e-mails? You can use the idle time on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux) to...