Programming or Technical Support job

Hi all!!! This is Rajesh, I have completed my B.E(CSE) in 2014 with 61%..
and attended many OFF-campus placements, But would'nt make it happen...
I was much depressed about my Career.. I have passion about Coding, But I was
not so serious about it, Still iam learning Java programming.. I thought of
joining technical support(service based), But iam much worried about my
Career growth.. So, What do you suggest me that i should learn programming
in depth (or) join a Service based technical support job, Because many people
said me after passed out, within 3months we should join any company (or) else
we dont have any value.. I was keen Interested in research jobs..What do you
suggest me!! and anyone knows good Startups, Let me know..

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Job within 3 months is rubbish. I got a job 1 year and 3 months after my graduation.

I say you continue on your path to learn coding unless you've some family responsibilities and you earning is a necessity. When you feel you're well with concepts, join some placement oriented course. But do make sure you already know good part of what you'll be taught in that course. The key here is not to learn new things from the course but to get some opportunity for placement and practice of what you already know. This will give you edge during placements over others.
  • Jigarkumar Patel
    Jigarkumar Patel
    First look buddy, if you interested in Programming job, then you need professional training. because Market is saturated now, you need to be best in programming, and prepare for aptitude exams, Group discussion, well English speaking etc. but choose one thing properly, so it will help you for future...
  • Rajesh1992
    Rajesh1992
    Thanks guys.. But still iam in dilemma to choose which has greater career.. Can anyone answer this..
    And is professional training is needed (or) can i learn myself , Cause iam learning Java from Textbook(Herbert Schildt).. Is it enough to get into a company????
  • Rajesh1992
    Rajesh1992
    Still iam not satisfied with the replies.. Can any1 answer this
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You can talk to a guy who has been in support for 10 years and also to a guy who has spent the same time on a programming career, you will realize that both stand well in their positions because they gave a significant amount of time to that field.
    Same goes for the field of 'testing' or 'quality assurance' teams in IT.

It all depends on what you want to spend time doing 10 hours a day, sitting at a desk and staring at the machine.
    Some love to see the lines and lines of code beaming at them from their screens, while others love to talk to the clients and solve their technical/other queries over phone/email.

As far as learning goes - We have no idea how good you are at self-learning. I have a friend who taught herself to write high-level code in Java and DotNet right in her 3rd year of engineering graduation and is now successfully placed in a firm as a senior developer. She loves her job.

On the other hand, I also have friends who joined some of the premier institutes in town to get the best-in-class JAVA certification training, but are still lagging behind in the understanding of the basic concepts.

It totally depends on you - whether you need coaching or not.
    A certification will help you stand out from the crowd, as it says that you've proven record of spending a significant amount of time trying to learn.
    Whereas, if you have done multiple small projects in Java, it proves you know how to implement the language is practical scenarios.

In both cases, you get an edge over the others in your placement batch.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pretty much bored with Windows & iOS ? (Well Android is not boring at all, so I will deduct its names) Here arrives Jolla Sailfish Phone in India. Jolla has...
So since most of devs chooses deodexed ROM as offerings, I would like to know which one do you prefer ? And why ? Let's discuss/debate the pros & cons...
Some formulas 1. Einstein’s Relationship: Dp/ µp =Dn/ µn = constant= VT 2. VT = kT/q,= ǩT where k= Boltzmann constant in J/°K= 1.38 * 10-23 J/°K Or ǩ= 8.625*...
Numericals 1. Determine the concentration of electrons and holes in a sample for germanium at 300°K in which concentration of donor atoms is 2*10(14) [raise to power 14] atoms/cm(3) and...
Hey guys, This is one of the problems that we as a company face during our quality audit. We cater machined products to the customers and we recently had an...