Programming NFC In RPi using Python. How ?

I have some weird fetish for NFC, I believe that all these credit cards, cash & anyother physical payment will be replaced by NFC. Home Automation is even more secure with NFC.

Sadly, I am unable to find a single blog, which help me kickstart in learning NFC programming using RPi in Python. Anyone of you have idea, How to do it ?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    There should be few third party modules or python modules for NFC. Need to check in pypi for the modules.

A Casual 'Python modules for NFC' google search revealed below:

nfcpy in Launchpad
    #-Link-Snipped-#

seems like launchpad is being suggested.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Also : just a side note
    so that you don't end up screwing up your python environment, you can try the package in virtual environment within python. 'virtualenv' will create isolated environments (as in your case 1 for each python nfc module you try) and what ever module is suitable, you can later install the complete module.
    more about virtualenv here : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    NFCpy lib from LP looks better than libnfc of google-code. Today, just after posting here I read documentation in #-Link-Snipped-# for basics & decided to go for the one of launchpad.

BTW Thank you @#-Link-Snipped-# especially for 'virtual environment' suggestion, I know I am gonna end up messing Py-environment. This will help me a lot.
    However, I've never created islolated python env,ever. Gotta read documentation for that too.
    Thanks, again.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    no worries!
    virtualenv creates isolated env . It creates files for each third party module you create, you only have to install it. The doc by pypi will help you. If you need any help let me know, I can provide you steps to do the same.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# sure thing 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    -Bump-
    Please Suggest me cheap NFC Tag (especially for learning) ? It will be nice, If the online shopping website is from India (faster delivery, lesser cost).
    Or suggest me any good store around Malad(W),Mumbai or Anywhere in Ahmedabad.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N9000 pre bookings have begin in India for Rs. 2000. The phone's currently listed on SamsungIndiaEstore is soon expected to make it to leading online retailers....
Intego, the creators of antivirus software products for Apple Mac machines has reported a new type of malware that spies on the infected machines. The latest malware the team has...
Getting rid of advertisements on your computer browser is easy; you download and install an Ad-Blocking plug-in, add a few subscriptions and the job is done. The trouble with pesky...
We've just added a nice little tweak to CrazyEngineers. Let's see who guesses it right before everyone else! Let's see how observant you are! 😉
A (MRI) Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine can be louder than you expect. GE Healthcare pegs the noise levels of a standard MRI machine to go up to 100 decibels. To...