Problem with ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04

i have one new HC SR04, i have few serious doubts about it...
1. how can i test it.
2. i tried watcing its echo on DSO but it was not observed, so how can i do that ?
3. i am trying to interface it with ATMEGA16 MCU with a trigger from controller by giving a high pulse of 15us and then waiting for the echo but did not get anything..

so can you pleaz guide.thanks.

Replies

• piyushh
    piyushh
    Not sure but still my suggestion is to go through the data sheet of the interfacing device and the micro controller thoroughly because:

1. Trans-receiver/micro-controller you are using might have crystal oscillator frequencies incompatible
    2. Different IO trigger voltage levels.
    3. As I can see the module(Ultrasonic Ranging Module HC - SR04) you are using is TTL triggered input, so there can be some issues due to noise margin range

There can be multiple reason for failure apart from the above but my advice is to please carefully analyse the timing diagrams of both the modules before actually implementing it
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    piyushh
    Not sure but still my suggestion is to go through the data sheet of the interfacing device and the micro controller thoroughly because:

1. Trans-receiver/micro-controller you are using might have crystal oscillator frequencies incompatible
    2. Different IO trigger voltage levels.
    3. As I can see the module(Ultrasonic Ranging Module HC - SR04) you are using is TTL triggered input, so there can be some issues due to noise margin range

There can be multiple reason for failure apart from the above but my advice is to please carefully analyse the timing diagrams of both the modules before actually implementing it

thanks.
    i went through the datasheets... and i am trying to do accordingly. but i am not getting how to test that module at least once.
    as you said that there can be noise margin problem, so how can i find that and avoid it ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

kindly someone help me to resolve d problem.....
i want to ask about my final year project,my field is development,i was thinking about to work on .net or yii framework, can anyone give me some ideas,or can anyone...
How can we make this door lock so that you can operate it by a text message or phone call(signal)...Need Suggeestions please
My name is Hamza Immurana, a Ghanaian student studying Telecom Engineering..like reading and solving problems
HI everyone. Nice to meet you all. 😉