Problem with 25cc Two Stroke Engine

hi folks real new newb here. would like to ask a question.
I have a 25cc two stroke engine which .starts ok with full throttle and runs ok like this. Though will not run if revs die down.nor will it idle. Have taken apart carby and to my best cleaned out and resealed well.though will still not idle?. If anyone wishes to give advice on this, I would be most appreciative.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Could be quite a few things, most probably connected to an incorrect mixture. That would be why it runs under full throttle and not elsewhere. At any stage other than WOT it is running too lean and dies. Have you checked the plug for replacement or fouling? Also, check the choke/enricher circuit, very likely it is not working. How are the jets in the carb? Are the fuel lines clear? Carb float bowls functioning correctly? let me know what type of engine and carb this is, that will help.
  • rewiredone
    rewiredone
    hello there gohm.
    thanks for the advice.i am leaning(punny fun) towards the fuel mixture theory, for the tank was full on receiving the motor.I thought a two stroke would run on straight petrol for a while before wrecking the internals?. Though your explanation fits quite well.Have checked carb and plug and cant hear air leak so theres not much left.The motor is quite new. Out of talon yard trimmer. so thanks again Gohm. Cheers from Christchurch NewZealand. The place where nothing idles... only in wintertime.
    WHAT A GREAT FORUM OF INTERESTING COMMENTS.
  • Danny40
    Danny40
    rewiredone
    thanks for the advice.i am leaning(punny fun) towards the fuel mixture theory, for the tank was full on receiving the motor.I thought a two stroke would run on straight petrol for a while before wrecking the internals?.
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about air/fuel mixture, not fuel/oil mixture
    Although I may have read it wrong (or I may have even read your understanding wrong lol)
  • gohm
    gohm
    yep, I was refering to fuel/air mixture. However running without oil mixed into the fuel will cause the engine to run poorly and eventually seize or break.
  • M RISHABH JAIN
    M RISHABH JAIN
    Wat Wot Stands For
  • gohm
    gohm
    wot= wide open throttle
  • krishnamachari
    krishnamachari
    adjust the idling circuit to give enough fuel to the engine
  • khooper
    khooper
    i have the same problem.. i fixed the idle a while back with my volvo parts all three of them. but i do think something is wrong with my accelerator jets because i've noticed that sometimes after coming to a complete stop, when i put on the gas my car will almost stall. it doesnt do it all the time. so how can i fix that?
    wat do the wire go on 2 that come off the magneto
  • high born h bomb
    high born h bomb
    the green and black ones
  • high born h bomb
    high born h bomb
    any one no
  • gohm
    gohm
    Without an electrical diagram for this particular engine we could only guess. If it is a magneto system without battery then the wires will go directly to a voltage regulator & cap which provide voltage for the plugs. Otherwise the wires will go to charge a battery.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    ummm 25CC engineer????
    What is the application mate???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can u tell me about xilinx or vhdl that hw these works
Hi , Are MEMS and Nano similar?Is there any difference? Thanks
hi i am a 3rd year mechanical engg student i have to submit a fabrication project ,please give some ideas for my project
๐Ÿ˜hi...........
can anyone explain in detail the concept i.e. wat happens exactly during usb charging of mp3 players in comps.