CrazyEngineers
  • sulg
    sulg

MemberJan 23, 2008

Problem with 2 phase BLDC

Hi

I am designing a 2phase BLDC motor but it has starting problem.Once it is started it gives good performance but it do not start from all the locations.
    if I move the rotor by hand it start's.

I have found that the torque passes through zero every 180 electrical degrees and if the rotor comes to rest at zero torque position by chance it fails to start next time.

I have read that spaceharmonic fluxes can be used to overcome this problem but I am anable to understand this.

Can anyone explain to me what is this spaceharmonic fluxes and how it can be used to overcome this problem or if anyone has some solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance

sulabh
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • just2rock

MemberJan 25, 2008

can u be a bit more specific....well till wat u explaind bout urs problem,i guess might smethin related to capacitors,and charge storage problems ur goin thru

for furthur Consults do mail me at:= mail.for.soumik@gmail
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • mr_goofy

MemberFeb 11, 2008

One solution can be provided a spike of current at the start irrespective of rotor position - I assume you are using a commutation sequence to control the motor current.

😕
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register