Problem: One line code to execute if && else statements simultaneously

give me a one line code to execute if && else statements simultaneously.

dont use a ; after else statement !!!

Replies

• pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    DEP
    give me a one line code to execute if && else statements simultaneously.

dont use a ; after else statement !!!
    😒 So your question is to write a C/C++ code in which the body of both if and else gets executed. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • Mayank
    Mayank
    Hi DEP,

Can you please elaborate your question. Its not yet very much clear to me as to what exactly needs to be done? IF and ELSE executing simultaneously, can't get what does that mean !!! Please excuse me if I am asking a foolish question😁!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and Regards,
    Mayank Shukla
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    If I understood the question right, are you looking for the ?: operator - it does the same thing as an if and else but in 1 line.
  • Saket Mishra
    Saket Mishra
    hey u can use the ? operator. It is called conditional operator.there are two conditional operators supported ? and :

for example

int x,y;
    scanf("%d",&x);
    y=(x>5?3:4);
  • Saket Mishra
    Saket Mishra
    hey u can use the ? operator. It is called conditional operator.there are two conditional operators supported ? and :

for example

int x,y;
    scanf("%d",&x);

keep asking.
  • DEP
    DEP
    pradeep_agrawal
    😒 So your question is to write a C/C++ code in which the body of both if and else gets executed. Correct me if I am wrong.
    firstly i apologise for not putting up my question clearly.
    i rephrase my question.

"a c++ code whiich executes both 'if' and 'else' statements simultaneously.

if the code is

if(a==b)
    cout<<"true\n";
    else
    cout<<"false";

OUTPUT should be:-

true
    false

am i clear now???
  • DEP
    DEP
    Saket Mishra

for example

int x,y;
    scanf("%d",&x);

keep asking.
    hey saket,
    i know the conditional operator and i am sure that you know that its functionality is same as that of if/else. please read my question again in the new thread i have posted and my point will be clearer.

thanks
  • maheshkrishnan
    maheshkrishnan
    Hi,

There is way to make both "if " and "else" parts,like

if(a==b)
    cout<<"true\n";
    else;
    cout<<"false";

execute this you will get both the If and ELSE part.

Thanks,
    mahesh krishnan
  • DEP
    DEP
    maheshkrishnan
    Hi,

There is way to make both "if " and "else" parts,like

if(a==b)
    cout<<"true\n";
    else;
    cout<<"false";

execute this you will get both the If and ELSE part.

Thanks,
    mahesh krishnan
    hi mahesh,
    well the thing is that when i was asked this question..i gave the same answer.But then they said that the question is to executing both ie and else statements simultaneously and by terminating the "else" with a semicolon the following statement "false " is no more a part of "else". So the answer isnt acceptable.

please refer to the very first thread ,there i have explicitly mentioned not to use a semicolon after else.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    I dont know about C++, but may be this works in C -

if (!(printf("TRUE"))
    ;
    else
    printf("FALSE");

Does the same also work in C++ using cout ?
    😕
  • maheshkrishnan
    maheshkrishnan
    Hi DEP,
    I hope it is just a Crazy question and should not comes in any part of programs.
    Any way I will try one more time with a Old fassion of programming...

if (1)
    {
    loop😛rintf("TRUE\n");
    goto loop2;
    }
    else
    {
    goto loop;
    loop2: printf("FALSE\n");
    }

Is this acceptable., Letz c.

Thanks,
    Mahesh Krishnan
  • DEP
    DEP
    maheshkrishnan
    Hi DEP,
    I hope it is just a Crazy question and should not comes in any part of programs.
    Any way I will try one more time with a Old fassion of programming...

if (1)
    {
    loop😛rintf("TRUE\n");
    goto loop2;
    }
    else
    {
    goto loop;
    loop2: printf("FALSE\n");
    }

Is this acceptable., Letz c.

Thanks,
    Mahesh Krishnan

hie mahesh,

GREAT job !!! congratulations..😁
    keep up the good work,your answer is acceptable.
  • DEP
    DEP
    reachrkata
    I dont know about C++, but may be this works in C -

if (!(printf("TRUE"))
    ;
    else
    printf("FALSE");

Does the same also work in C++ using cout ?
    😕

hi reachrkata,

well your code is pretty cool and yes it works equally well in c++.
    but there is a hitch. See the question eas to execute the statement following "if" and not the test condition of "if". i am not very much sure whether the code is acceptable but i will surely let you as early as possible.

but i must say GREAT WORK DONE.
    regards,
    DEP
  • hajela_pushkar
    hajela_pushkar
    😎 use a ; after else. The statement's of both the if and else will be executed.
  • udgata
    udgata
    Guys,

This can be done using the below code in C ...

if (!printf("True\n")😉
    else
    printf("False");

Let me know, if you have questions...
  • suhit
    suhit
    #include
    #include

void main()
    {
    if(printf("Hello ")==-1)
    {}
    else
    {
    printf("world");
    }
    getch();
    }

Explanation:: As the library function printf()return the number of characters it prints and return 0 when nothing is printed, Hence in the if block whenever check occurs within the statement if(printf("Hello ")==-1),it becomes FALSE then after executing the printf("Hello ") part, the condition doesnt match as printf() does return the number of character, and it cant be negetive, so after print the "Hello " the control goes to the else block, Hence the printf("world"); part is executed, and the complete Hello World is printed on the screen, so both the blocks were executed.
    Note: in the if condition checking, u can check the by any negetive number instead of -1(eg. -2,-3,-4,-5,-6,...).
  • DEBASMITA
    DEBASMITA
    if(condition)
    printf("i");
    else printf("am");
    pl can ne1 tel me wat shud be d "condition" so dat "i am" will be printed?I hav compiled all d codes given bt none of them are successful
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @debasmita: i dont think you can print "i am" like this.....u might want to check solution provided by mahesh krishnan above.
  • suhit
    suhit
    "
    DEBASMITA
    @Debosmita- if the control goes inside the if block, you will not be able to access the else block. If you really want to do this, you can use the go to statement that is already there in C. Like,

main()
    {
    if(1)
    {
    printf("Hello");
    goto LINE_NUMBER;
    }
    else
    {
    printf("Hello");
    }
    }

here LINE_NUMBER is the line number of the printf statement in else block...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the involved for a robot to detect a line and detect it
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello CEans![/FONT] Lot of CEans are in their third/final year of Engineering. As students, they seldom get chance to face real life situations where they actually face the interviews....
I wish you could help me preparing for Gre with sample questions in Verbal.Im foxed .do not know where to start.
dear friends, give me the link for strength of materials by timoshenko ebook. regards jp
Hi, I am a student of CS-II year. I want to know that how and where i can do the summer training after completing my 2nd year?