problem is accessing net in ubuntu 10.04

hi, nice to start conversations with you. i have been facing problem in connecting to net, by the way bsnl broadband is not been supporting in Ubuntu 10.04 and MTS 3G data card as well. Do i need to switch over to nay other modem, presently am using ZTE type 1 modem, supplied by BSNL or MTS 3G data card. if i start using BSNL 3G datacard, what would be the 'APN details.. am from karnataka..

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Do you get any error message?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To the best of my knowledge, for Karnataka region the BSNL APN settings are "bsnlnet" and the other details "proxy server address" & "port" settings aren't required.

Should get your work done.
  • Sanjay Nadigar
    Sanjay Nadigar
    Reya
    Do you get any error message?
    No its not supporting only. When i configure the modem in the 'always on mode', the modem is not not supporting the connection ly..its working only in 'bridge mode'. will try out with the BSNL 3G data card now and ping u back...
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Use ifconfig and post the dump here... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I won't be of much help here anymore. Just gave up uBuntu and Windows for the sake of OSX. ๐Ÿ˜•
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    I won't be of much help here anymore. Just gave up uBuntu and Windows for the sake of OSX. ๐Ÿ˜•
    Dude! Too much! ๐Ÿ˜› Win 7 is great!!! ๐Ÿ˜› I agree OSX is awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Can we list the jobs that are outsourced? Application testing mobile/software is among the most outsourced jobs. But there is scope in other engineering trades too. Say CAD/CAM design...
Presenting the latest comic strip - Valentine's Day: Stuff That Happens In Every Engineering College Check it out:
Admission notification for IISc,bangalore has been published. Any one interested can go through the link https://www.iisc.ernet.in/students-corner/admissions.php
Again a famous question , similar to ones discussed by Google people and MS people when they are not working. You stand before a 100-story building with two eggs. Using...
BSNL has already launched the 'Fiber To The Home' service which promises a direct fiber cable to the subscriber's home and speeds around 100 Mbps ๐Ÿ˜ฒ. I'm wondering whether the...