problem in IR emitter detector circuit

i am making a IR emitter detector circuit in which i have to use a preset resistor which is a three pin variable resistor of this type-
[​IMG]
please anyone tell me how to make its connections in the circuit and how much value should be set on it.

Replies

• silenthorde
    silenthorde
    If this a potentiometer, or a Pot, as it is commonly referred to. Then follow these connections:

1. The middle leg is the connection to the wiper or jockey of the potentiometer.

2. The other two legs are for the supplies. Note supply does not necessarily mean a power source. It could be any two points in a circuit with a potential difference.
  • baja
    baja
    use it with comparator
  • pratik20990
    pratik20990
    baja
    use it with comparator
    ya i am using it with comparator IC 741 but i am confused about the connections to be made with the three legs of this preset resistor....😕😕😕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Air traffic control: It’s a good topic you can choose it, but try to stress on Indian ATC. Active pixel sensor😔or the CMOS sensor) can be clubbed along with the...
what is the torque required to run the bicycle having the weight of 100 kg. assume data self regarding: 1) friction * rolling friction take dia of tyre= 18" *...
How to design shafts on the basis of rigidity and angle of twist?
This link has a photos of the recent Russian dam accident:The Sayano-Shushenskaya dam accident - The Big Picture - Boston.com
Hello There, Since i am being a student i find a lot of issues in Education and Employment all over the world and let me tell you some points which...