Problem in create Pdf using java

hi

i need to create pdf for my data from orcle database using java. i am using following java coding

import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import jpack.Database;
import com.itextpdf.text.Document;
import com.itextpdf.text.Paragraph;
import com.itextpdf.text.pdf.PdfWriter;

public class pdf
{
public static void main(String arg[])throws Exception
{
Database db=new Database();

Document document=new Document();
PdfWriter.getInstance(document,new FileOutputStream("d:/item.pdf"));
document.open();
PdfPTable table=new PdfPTable(2);
table.addCell("ITEMID");
table.addCell("ITEMNAME");

ResultSet rs=db.Select("Select * from item");
while(rs.next())
{
table.addCell(rs.getString("ITEMID"));
table.addCell(rs.getString("ITEMNAME"));
}
document.add(table);
document.close();
}
}
but it makes these of errors

--------------------Configuration: --------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:4: package com.itextpdf.text does not exist
import com.itextpdf.text.Document;
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:5: package com.itextpdf.text does not exist
import com.itextpdf.text.Paragraph;
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:6: package com.itextpdf.text.pdf does not exist
import com.itextpdf.text.pdf.PdfWriter;
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:14: cannot find symbol
symbol : class Document
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:14: cannot find symbol
symbol : class Document
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:15: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable PdfWriter
PdfWriter.getInstance(document,new FileOutputStream("d:/item.pdf"));
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:17: cannot find symbol
symbol : class PdfPTable
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:17: cannot find symbol
symbol : class PdfPTable
^
8 errors

Process completed.
And also i download itextpdf-5.1.0 jar file. i don't know how i cleared this error.

please answer me.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Looks like the library you are using (ie itextpdf ) is not accessible to your program.
    So add the library to the project classpath properly.
  • krishbcs
    krishbcs
    please tell me how i add the library to the project class properly
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    krishbcs
    java -help (hint: start exploring options)
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    krishbcs
    Check out this link: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • cathyhill
    cathyhill
    krishbcs
    hi

i need toVB.NET PDF: Get Started with PDF Library for my data from orcle database using java. i am using following java coding
    I think you have to mark sure that you have get the permission to use the library.
  • moksh
    moksh
    I have been using a 3rd party API from Jasper soft called Ireports ...it has extensive support for java ...code and tutorials are extensively available .... so far its the beswt opensource tool for pdf HTML and CSV reports..

Enjoy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​YouTube is adopting the latest HTML5 technology and is giving up on the old-school flash for wider support over modern gadgets, desktops, laptops and tablets. YouTube is currently doing a...
Being HCL Technologies campus hired candidates now we were given other option as HCL infrastructure for the post of "graduate Engineer trainee" to try. I just know it is related...
Samsung finally has began rolling out much awaited Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2) firmware upgrade for Samsung Galaxy SII. It's been quite a while the phone got a big firmware upgrade...
Pune based Persistent Systems (BSE & NSE: PERSISTENT) is opening an office in Bangalore at GGR Towers, Sarjapur Road. Persistent's CEO & MD, Dr. Anand Deshpande said that it's time...
a 11-bit, 1.5-bit-per-stage converter is given, i have to determine the accuracy of the reference voltages +-Vref/2 for teh first stage and fourth stage. i know mere basics of the...