@krishbcs • 03 Apr, 2013
hi

i need to create pdf for my data from orcle database using java. i am using following java coding

import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import jpack.Database;
import com.itextpdf.text.Document;
import com.itextpdf.text.Paragraph;
import com.itextpdf.text.pdf.PdfWriter;

public class pdf
{
public static void main(String arg[])throws Exception
{
Database db=new Database();

Document document=new Document();
PdfWriter.getInstance(document,new FileOutputStream("d:/item.pdf"));
document.open();
PdfPTable table=new PdfPTable(2);
table.addCell("ITEMID");
table.addCell("ITEMNAME");

ResultSet rs=db.Select("Select * from item");
while(rs.next())
{
table.addCell(rs.getString("ITEMID"));
table.addCell(rs.getString("ITEMNAME"));
}
document.add(table);
document.close();
}
}
but it makes these of errors

--------------------Configuration: <Default>--------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:4: package com.itextpdf.text does not exist
import com.itextpdf.text.Document;
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:5: package com.itextpdf.text does not exist
import com.itextpdf.text.Paragraph;
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:6: package com.itextpdf.text.pdf does not exist
import com.itextpdf.text.pdf.PdfWriter;
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:14: cannot find symbol
symbol : class Document
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:14: cannot find symbol
symbol : class Document
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:15: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable PdfWriter
PdfWriter.getInstance(document,new FileOutputStream("d:/item.pdf"));
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:17: cannot find symbol
symbol : class PdfPTable
^
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Project\bala\DesignCodes\pdf.java:17: cannot find symbol
symbol : class PdfPTable
^
8 errors

Process completed.
And also i download itextpdf-5.1.0 jar file. i don't know how i cleared this error.

please answer me.
@rahul69 • 03 Apr, 2013 Looks like the library you are using (ie itextpdf ) is not accessible to your program.
So add the library to the project classpath properly.
@krishbcs • 03 Apr, 2013 please tell me how i add the library to the project class properly
@Anand Tamariya • 03 Apr, 2013
krishbcs
please tell me how i add the library to the project class properly
java -help (hint: start exploring options)
@rahul69 • 04 Apr, 2013
krishbcs
please tell me how i add the library to the project class properly
Check out this link: here
@cathyhill • 13 Feb, 2014
krishbcs
hi

i need to create pdf for my data from orcle database using java. i am using following java coding
I think you have to mark sure that you have get the permission to use the library.
@moksh • 19 Feb, 2014 I have been using a 3rd party API from Jasper soft called Ireports ...it has extensive support for java ...code and tutorials are extensively available .... so far its the beswt opensource tool for pdf HTML and CSV reports..

Enjoy

Related Posts

I thought of compiling a list of the coolest and the best whatsapp group names that you've been using for your respective groups. For the sake of convenience, we'll stick...
A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
I heard many students are having a trouble registering on the TCS Portal, when it's quite straightforward actually. If you have problem in attaching photos or CV, Use internet explorer...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...