Prithvi 2015, IIT Kharagpur

PRITHVI is an initiative of Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), IIT Kharagpur Student Chapter, in association with the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), Society of Petroleum Geophysicists, and students of the Department of Geology and Geophysics.

It is one of the largest and most wide-reaching festivals of Earth Science in India with a footfall of over 500 participants from more than 30 colleges from all over the country.

prithvi

PRITHVI has surpassed 5 golden years and it prides itself for having created an unmatched spectacle of science and technology year after year.

CrazyEngineers is proud media partner for Prithvi 2015.

A Sneak Peek into PRITHVI 2015 (20th - 22nd March 2015)
The theme this year is "Geosciences and Recent Advancement in Exploration Industry", which has been chosen to serve both the needs of the academic field and the industry alike. It will also help students to develop a better perspective of Geo-science in India.

There are a plethora of events, see below for a closer look at them:
MINERALOGIQUE - Mineral Identification Quiz challenging your practical understanding of rocks and minerals.
GEOSPECTRUM - Quizzing from a broad spectrum of subjects from the field of Earth Science
BRAINSTORM - An overnight problem solving event designed to test the aptitude, intelligence and the knowledge of the students.
CASE STUDY - Organized by Schlumberger Asia.It poses a live industrial problem and seeks innovative solutions from brilliant young minds.
INDIANA GEONES - For the hidden adventurer in each of us, a group event that requires the use of geological and geophysical knowledge to search out buried treasures.
POSTER PRESENTATION - Poster making on recently published papers or on-going research / projects in the field of Geoscience.
INNOVATIA - Research presentation platform, provides with an international stage to present your research work.
GEO-MODELLING- The most professional way to share your 3D ideas, bring alive geological/
geophysical/ petroleum setting or phenomena with a working model.

Also participate in few Online Events:
GEO-CLICK - An online photography competition of Geological pics.
ONLINE QUIZ - A multiple choice questions (MCQ) based test set to check your knowledge of Earth Science.

Major Sponsors: Schlumberger , Cairn Energy , SAIL , Thermo Fischer , Aimil Ltd.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you one of those who think that a Tech Fest is all about circuits, bots and brains? Techkriti’15 is all set to prove you wrong! The technical and entrepreneurial...
With almost all websites asking for logging-in to use their facilities, it is an undeniable fact that maintaining and remembering passwords for each website is a hassle. Although, logging-in through...
My objective is to run the script automatically when usb-dongle is inserted . I looked into other links in google for the same but just can't get it work ....
Ideata Analytics is a computer software company founded by Pranjal Jain in the year 2013. A big data intelligence platform, Ideata Analytics provides an end-to-end, highly intuitive analytical application which...
Hi , currently i am working in infrastructure domain as wintel level1 support from past 1 year .but i want to change my domain (as it is 24/7) where i...