Preventing usage of local languages on CE Forums

CEans,

Our rules clearly state that the language of the forum is English. However, with more engineers posting in their local/regional languages, its become difficult for us to retain visitors from various countries.

Any ideas on how do we maintain our identity as an International Forum?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The basic problem here is we have many people i mean majority of the posting happening from India.

So people are using their own langauges and taking easy by using SMS text.

So how to avoid this?

Better we regualrly monitor and repeatedly ask them not to use other languages!

Moreover, we have more India centric topics so if we have more number of international topics we could retain them.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    you are right Biggie..!

As Es said,

We need more number of international topics to discuss here..!

And we have to monitor regularly those people like spammers...!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Ya that is surely a good option to increase the number of international topics but don't decrease the current topics

Although I don't think that any regular member is using native language or SMS language across the forum except from some newbies
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Thats true Sarvesh almost all our regular members use proper text on the forums,
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    What languages can software like Babelfish translate?

I'm not from India, so I don't understand the diversity of languages. How many distinct languages are in common use?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English is one of the most widely known languages and that's why we request our members to use English on forums.
  • sookie
    sookie
    A simple and most powerful solution - "Deduct the stars acquired by such dumb CEans". When starring system can motivate them to post more and more non sense and breaking forum rules then this starrng system only can force them in making quality posts.

Take it or ignore it. Who cares.

All the best !

sarveshgupta
    Although I don't think that any regular member is using native language or SMS language across the forum except from some newbies
    @sarvesh ROFL ! Dude, As of now you can think on few of your own recent posts only 😁
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The discussion is not for SMS language, but for usage of Hindi in posts. We allow regional language usage ONLY WHEN ITS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.

I hope all members cooperate.
  • safwan
    safwan
    yes, I will Follow the instruction given by Administrators of this Forum.

But we can do like this if we want to use (if absolute) then we also do have to translate it .
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    sookie
    A simple and most powerful solution - "Deduct the stars acquired by such dumb CEans". When starring system can motivate them to post more and more non sense and breaking forum rules then this starrng system only can force them in making quality posts.
    i think this will work actually.....
    i mean these stars do have an effect on them.....😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    yes Biggie,

Deducting the stars will effect on them..!

I heard that in some of the forums, they are banning the people who violated the rules for some days...!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sri Lanka aim to put Test thrashing behind them Watch out for Lasith Malinga: When he's bowling well, Malinga can unleash yorkers at will and his low point of release...
where can i find seminar topics for electrical and electronics engineering😕
Hyderabad: Satyam ex-chairman Ramalinga Raju's fraud game did not spare even its employees. While it inflated revenue through fake invoices, the company created teams to work on the fake projects....
RegScanner (32-bit version) Version: 1.8 File Size: 119 License: Free Operating System: Windows XP,Windows 98,Windows 2000,Windows Me,Windows Vista,Windows 7 This registry scanner doesn't replace RegEdit, but it makes it easier...
hi everyone... :smile:' I would like to build a signal booster for mobile phones as a part of my miniproject (although its not fixed ;-)) anyone has any tips or...