pressure vs velocity

waht is relation between pressure and velocity?
how we can get pressure from velocity(know factor is velocity)

Replies

• Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    See Bernoulli's Equation: Bernoulli%27S Principle
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    please always provide complete statement about your problem. So that all member can understand it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    mohan d
    waht is relation between pressure and velocity?
    how we can get pressure from velocity(know factor is velocity)
    They are unrelated properties. There is no relationship between the two. One cannot be derived from the other.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    bioramani
    They are unrelated properties. There is no relationship between the two. One cannot be derived from the other.
    I haven't seen a mathematical relation either as Ramani sir rightly say. But what about pressure energy getting converted to kinetic energy?
    A small leak in high pressure tank would issue a high velocity jet through it.
    Also we should look at a diffuser, it reduces velocity while the pressure is less.

I believe Mr. Bernoulli can help here with his famous equation. I think using that equation would be a proper option (perhaps a little mathematical jugglery in that equation would help)
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ishutopre
    I haven't seen a mathematical relation either as Ramani sir rightly say. But what about pressure energy getting converted to kinetic energy?
    A small leak in high pressure tank would issue a high velocity jet through it.
    Also we should look at a diffuser, it reduces velocity while the pressure is less.

I believe Mr. Bernoulli can help here with his famous equation. I think using that equation would be a proper option (perhaps a little mathematical jugglery in that equation would help)
    Yes and no. Bernoulli's theorem is applicable to a continuum and is only a consequence of conservation of energy in a flowing system. It is possible to have a pipe with a fluid flowing in it at any velocity and any pressure. It is only when you consider the flow in a pipeline at two different cross sections with steady state flow is the Bernoulli's principle applicable. In a gas in a closed system, the ideal gas law applies - p V = nRT. So there is a direct relationship between volume and pressure. Such is not the case with pressure and velocity. Even in Bernoulli's theorem pressure and velocity are not related. All that is implied is that the combined pressure, velocity and vertical height heads is constant at any cross section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello, I want the project idea for computer engineering. please help me.........
#include #include void main() { int a[]={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12}; int num=0,i=0; clrscr(); num=a[++i+a[++i]]+a[++i]; printf("%d",num); getch(); } how it produce output as 9 can u explain parsing of a[++i+a[++i]]+a[++i]
I worked on this device for one year and i come up with a very good idea. If anybody interested in this can contact me on CrazyEngineers Forum.
IIT Delhi Administration has decided that the students won't be able to use the Internet between 12 AM - 6 AM. The students of IIT Delhi say that the reason...
how to connect internet to my sony vaio lap using my nokia5230 mobile's bluetooth?