PraveenTech Contacts - A Personal Contacts Manager

Introduction
PraveenTech Contacts is a Web Application written in PHP and uses MySQL Database, for storing and managing contacts. It features with a clean and simple user interface and a lot of goodies.

System Requirements
This application is written in PHP and MySQL. The client side part uses XHTML 1.1, CSS 2.1 and jQuery and other JavaScripts. So, it needs:
1. A Web Server supporting PHP Scripting Language and MySQL Database Server.
1. A compatible Web Browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer 6+, Mozilla Firefox 2+, Google Chrome 2+, Apple Safari 4+.

Features
1. Entries with basic details like Name, DOB, Gender, Address, Contact Information.
2. Entries can be Multi-Tagged.
3. Search in Entries, by a Single Tag, by Multiple Tags.
4. Optional Photos for Entries. Default Photo based on Gender.
5. Birthday Alarm: Display the day's birthday people. Text describing the time till next birthday.
6. Copy Entries to an Add Entry window from an existing one.

Friends, this is the first ever public product of mine. Do check it out and evaluate it. Say your comments! ๐Ÿ˜€
Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am going to try this one, Sounds good. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Guys!!! My personal recommendation for a simple and portable web server, if you don't have one and if you want to use it in your home for personal use is #-Link-Snipped-#

Please download it and extract it to a new folder. This download is for Windows. Once you have extracted, its very simple to start the server. Just execute USBWebServer.exe and the server will be up. The next step is download the desired format of the file from my website #-Link-Snipped-# and extract them to the Root folder of the USB Web Server.

Now open your favourite browser and type in #-Link-Snipped-# and the setup screen starts. Here enter these values, if you are using USB Web Server.
    MySQL Server: localhost
    Username: root
    Password: usbw
    Database: Anything of your choice. Give a good name without any spaces!

Now, when you get the success message, please go to the Root folder and delete or rename setup.php file. Then once again, in your browser, go to #-Link-Snipped-# and evaluate the application! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanx ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    praveenscience
    Guys!!! My personal recommendation for a simple and portable web server, if you don't have one and if you want to use it in your home for personal use is #-Link-Snipped-#

Please download it and extract it to a new folder. This download is for Windows. Once you have extracted, its very simple to start the server. Just execute USBWebServer.exe and the server will be up. The next step is download the desired format of the file from my website #-Link-Snipped-# and extract them to the Root folder of the USB Web Server.

Now open your favourite browser and type in #-Link-Snipped-# and the setup screen starts. Here enter these values, if you are using USB Web Server.
    MySQL Server: localhost
    Username: root
    Password: usbw
    Database: Anything of your choice. Give a good name without any spaces!

Now, when you get the success message, please go to the Root folder and delete or rename setup.php file. Then once again, in your browser, go to #-Link-Snipped-# and evaluate the application! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanx ๐Ÿ˜€
    Its working fine for me ! ๐Ÿ˜
    Drop in your comments, experience, suggestions and bugs (if any)... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Just gone through the updated version.

@Praveen~
    This is the time to update this thread too. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Heya Guys, ๐Ÿ˜€
    Finally I have released the stable version (guess so!)... ๐Ÿ˜‰ Please have a look at Contacts app with more features!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ #-Link-Snipped-#

Changes from 1.0 Beta to 1.0 Stable
    Fixed Bug: Show Tags was there even when there were no tags.
    Added New: Link to Email Address.
    Added New: Introduction Page.
    Added New: Date Picker.
    Added New: Settings Page to Configure most of the Options.
    Added New: Tag Suggestion (Optional).
    Added New: Password Protection (Optional).
    Added New: IIS Friendly. No more mod_rewrite compulsion.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    @Praveen ~

I will give some more time on this app and let you know if found any more bug.
    Thanx... and Sure... ๐Ÿ˜€ Waiting... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    While I want to search for TAG or QUERY in that case QUERY is by default can't we make TAG as default option?
    godfather
    While I want to search for TAG or QUERY in that case QUERY is by default can't we make TAG as default option?
    The reason for not keeping the tags as default option because, in case you wanna search by tags, you are supposed to give it in full! It cannot search for half tags... Got it? ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    praveenscience
    The reason for not keeping the tags as default option because, in case you wanna search by tags, you are supposed to give it in full! It cannot search for half tags... Got it? ๐Ÿ˜”
    Okey Fine ! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yey!!! Reached 25 downloads!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜ 30 Downloads Till Now!!! ๐Ÿ˜
    Guys, those who have downloaded the first version of Contacts application, please download the patch file, released on May 7th, 2011. It fixes an error in the View Page, in tag links.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sorry for the inconvinience... ๐Ÿ˜”
    ๐Ÿ˜ Wow!!! A whooping 45 downloads!!! ๐Ÿ˜
    Just one more to get 50 Downloads... But the problem is there are two more bugs... One is a serious bug and other is a presentation bug... Will change them and get the Patch 2 released in few moments... ๐Ÿ˜€

Update: Patch released. Please download it at #-Link-Snipped-#
    ๐Ÿ˜ Wow!!! At last 50 downloads!!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    Hey Pravin,
    wanted to try it out but seems the original link : #-Link-Snipped-# is throwing a 404
    let me know the new link pls.
    Yeah, that's now changed... Its #-Link-Snipped-#
    I have updated the changes man!!! Thanks for letting me know... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    thanks mate, have downloaded it ๐Ÿ˜€
    synergynext
    thanks mate, have downloaded it ๐Ÿ˜€
    Do download the patch also... And say your response after evaluating it... ๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ˜ 55 Downloads of Contacts App!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜
    Planning to put on QR Code, Automatic Updates, Multiple Logins (Idea: #-Link-Snipped-#), WAP Format, and Link Hovers (Inspired by Facebook) in my next release of Contacts App... Ideas please... ๐Ÿ˜€
    by #-Link-Snipped-#... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whatever your view, the Cloud is here and it's changing everything. You can find it explained in many places, but if you really want to know about the Cloud, listen...
i confused abt which field is suitable for me after doing my be in mechanical from mumbai university
I want to start debate as to what should we choose, good design or a safe design? A good design may be better in terms of economy. But as far...
hello every body i need your opinions about a project that uses image processing and a microcontroller together... also if any body have a great great idea using only microcontroller...
Our moderator CEan MaRo celebrates his birthday today ๐Ÿ˜€ Wishin MaRo a very Happy Birthday ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜