Practical Difficulties In Fitting Diesel Engine In Motorcycles

I'm wondering what are the practical difficulties in fitting a Diesel engine in motorcycles? Is it that the diesel engines are larger in size than petrol engines of the same capacity? Or there's some other reason?

Looking forward to hearing from automobile experts.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well I think you got this one wrong. There are motorcycles running on Diesel engine isn't it? See the Rajdoot and Bullet.
    tell me will you ever sit on them in normal city driving?

Actually give me time, I will write a short article about cycles used in Diesel and gasoline engines. And post as different threads, after that we will compare which one of the two is better and why.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Those are only higher CC engines, right? What about regular motorcycles with Diesel engines?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well, according to me, Bikes require a rapid acceleration (See young students accelerating on the road to college) with lower weight and higher power.
    The normal diesel engine has poor power to weight ratio. 😐

However, these difficulties can be solved. Some of the bikes like Royal Enfield have fitted their bikes with diesel engines.

As far as I know, Gasoline and Diesel are two types of fuels about which we cannot be partial about. A little mechanical trickery would make them compatible to each other's applications. 😀

Actually for sometime back, I am working on a reverse concept (Theoretically first) If we can fit trucks with petrol engines. If yes then why and if not then why. I am still thinking about that...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fabrication and Characterization of bulk FinFETs for Future Nano- Scale CMOS Technology finFET
Good News for Sony Lovers..! Sony is planning to launch its new 3D TV with user friendly features like Flickerfree Output, 2D To 3D Conversion, Hi-brightness etc. It'll be great...
Virtualization is one of the more significant technologies to impact Vcomputing in the last few years. With roots extending back several decades, today its resurgence in popularity has many industry...
Hey CEans ! How you doing. You can watch "starwars" in command prompt using the following code: TELNET TOWEL.BLINKENLIGHTS.NL Try this ! You will be thrilled. And have patience ....
iOS 5 preview was demoed recently at WWDC. It's being said that the new feature 'remineders' in iOS 5 is going to put already existing similar applications available in the...