Power Plant Engineering Forum

CEans,

We're happy to introduce a brand new section on CE Forums dedicated to power plants. This section will host all the discussions right from constructions of power stations to distribution of electricity including new ideas, questions, problem solving & troubleshooting. We hope to attract engineers working in power plants, including thermal, hydro, nuclear, solar and so on from all over the world to build constructive discussions.

Please note that this section is different from Electrical Engineering Section and focuses exclusively on power plant related discussions.

If you have suggestions, we'd be happy to hear from you.

Replies

• AMIT KUMAR211990
    AMIT KUMAR211990
    I am a btech mechanical engineer , graduated in 2013. then i have completed post graduation in thermal power plant engineering in august 2014. now its 8 months over but still seeking job. i dont know how to get in the plant from outside since everywhere either there is a need of reference or experience. there are lots of power industry in india like ADANI, VEDANTA, JINDAL, LANCO, BAJAJ , GMR etc and also so many vendors company like, POWERMECH, FEEDBACK INFRA, ROTODYNE, etc but all r futile since they need only experienced candidates. it seems like what i have learnt is fully futile. the pgdc course is curse for me. its my fault that i have failed in many campus recruitment companies but life doesnt stop on it. but what can i do for job. i have talked many professionals on linked in but some of them said wait, some said go and prepare for the gate. hahaha. i f i am interested them why did i join NPTI. Its a pg diploma course higher than btech. but its reality that no one knows NPTI from outside they know only btech. i have played a game of 3 lakh and 1 year and i lost. times added F before my name. it is failure amit. i am searching searching but there is no any ray of hope. what should i do now please tell me? please... consultancy are not usable. and lots of fake fuck off consultancies in india. everything seems black now a days.
  • AMIT KUMAR211990
    AMIT KUMAR211990
    give a suggestion.... please
  • Rafid Bin Abdul Halim
    Rafid Bin Abdul Halim
    Hi guys.. I am third year student of EEE. I just want to know about the smart grid concept. I am afraid whether my concern is topic related or not. But i think nowadays this smart grid has been a concerning issue in the sector of power generation and distribution sector. if anyone of have any links or refernces please let me know. I just want to know about it in details. Thanks in advance
  • Bijay Krishna Nandi
    Bijay Krishna Nandi
    Rafid Bin Abdul Halim
    Hi guys.. I am third year student of EEE. I just want to know about the smart grid concept. I am afraid whether my concern is topic related or not. But i think nowadays this smart grid has been a concerning issue in the sector of power generation and distribution sector. if anyone of have any links or refernces please let me know. I just want to know about it in details. Thanks in advance

Dear Rafid,
    I hope you know what a Grid is. Now smart grid is just an advanced form of it having all the smart meters, appliances, energy efficient resources and the efficient generation and distribution of electricity. The concept of smart grid is highly reliable, efficient, flexible and many more. It can detect its fault by itself and clears it too without any human involvement. You might have studied about Economic Load Dispatch, Smart Grid is designed based on that only. It calculates the load requirement of the system and simultaneously balances it by curtailing (restrictions) the load or generating electricity ( read Second Area model of Economic load Dispatch and Automatic Load Frequency Control) thereby managing the Demand of system. The very purpose of Smart Grid is efficient use of energy. its just a brief idea on smart grid.
    Hope I met your requirements.
  • Bijay Krishna Nandi
    Bijay Krishna Nandi
    AMIT KUMAR211990
    I am a btech mechanical engineer , graduated in 2013. then i have completed post graduation in thermal power plant engineering in august 2014. now its 8 months over but still seeking job. i dont know how to get in the plant from outside since everywhere either there is a need of reference or experience. there are lots of power industry in india like ADANI, VEDANTA, JINDAL, LANCO, BAJAJ , GMR etc and also so many vendors company like, POWERMECH, FEEDBACK INFRA, ROTODYNE, etc but all r futile since they need only experienced candidates. it seems like what i have learnt is fully futile. the pgdc course is curse for me. its my fault that i have failed in many campus recruitment companies but life doesnt stop on it. but what can i do for job. i have talked many professionals on linked in but some of them said wait, some said go and prepare for the gate. hahaha. i f i am interested them why did i join NPTI. Its a pg diploma course higher than btech. but its reality that no one knows NPTI from outside they know only btech. i have played a game of 3 lakh and 1 year and i lost. times added F before my name. it is failure amit. i am searching searching but there is no any ray of hope. what should i do now please tell me? please... consultancy are not usable. and lots of fake fuck off consultancies in india. everything seems black now a days.

Boss first you need to calm down. Please don't show your frustration here, better you show it in your atti and studies. Moreover I am working in a power company you named above. And to my knowledge an NPTI student is preferred in Power Plant than a Btech grad. Its all about talent and bit luck too. If you have that talent why don't you try for PSUs. You don't need to cry here and ask others what to be done. Make a resume, write your skills and upload it any Job portal site. If recruiters feel they need your talent then you have an opportunity, else you need to keep trying. But don't be dishearten and have patience.
  • Rafid Bin Abdul Halim
    Rafid Bin Abdul Halim
    Bijay Krishna Nandi
    Dear Rafid,
    I hope you know what a Grid is. Now smart grid is just an advanced form of it having all the smart meters, appliances, energy efficient resources and the efficient generation and distribution of electricity. The concept of smart grid is highly reliable, efficient, flexible and many more. It can detect its fault by itself and clears it too without any human involvement. You might have studied about Economic Load Dispatch, Smart Grid is designed based on that only. It calculates the load requirement of the system and simultaneously balances it by curtailing (restrictions) the load or generating electricity ( read Second Area model of Economic load Dispatch and Automatic Load Frequency Control) thereby managing the Demand of system. The very purpose of Smart Grid is efficient use of energy. its just a brief idea on smart grid.
    Hope I met your requirements.
    Thank you.. 😀
  • gatiproj
    gatiproj
    Gati Infrastructure have unfurled their plans in the Indian hydropower sector. Gati Infrastructure Group was conceived to develop power projects that have renewable and green energy as the focal point and which would contribute towards the economic growth and development of India. Currently, Gati Infratsructure has a portfolio of #-Link-Snipped-# Projects, Solar Power Projects and Coal Projects with the hydro power projects being Chuzachen Project on Rangpo and Rongli Rivers in East Sikkim producing 110MW, Bhasmey Project on Rangpo River downstream of Chuzachen Project in East Sikkim producing 54 MW and Sada Mangder Project on Rangit and Relli Rivers in West Sikkim producing 71 MW.

India has vast potential for hydro-power development ensuring not only the abridgement of gap in demand and supply but also leading to surplus power in the country. Therefore, it is important for the benefit of the nation to harness hydro electricity potential for sustainable development of India.
  • Deb09
    Deb09
    Hello you awesome CEans,
    Currently I working in a 300MW TPP in India. For past couple of days we are facing a problem in attaining our gen h2 purity. 30MVA TG with stator water cooling and h2 cooling. We have purged around 20 cylinders changed h2 dryer's dessicant but still no improvement in purity. Kindly suggest solutions.
    Thanks for your help in advance and keep rocking people.. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've a great new section for our Civil & Structural engineers to discuss skyscrapers & supertall structures. Discuss the mega-structures that fascinate us and proudly stand as man's biggest creations....
Our Civil & Structural Engineering forum was incomplete without a place to discuss the infrastructure and transportation projects. We're happy to announce this brand new section which aims to fill...
Hi friends i need all the information about top 30 software companies in India and also their recruitment process,basically now am in 4th B.Tech CSE with 78 % aggregate including...
I found out about this bridge from a G+ post. ​ Wikipedia has very little information: Langkawi Sky Bridge is a 125 metres (410 ft) curved pedestrian cable-stayed bridge in...
hi there.. i'm looking for source regarding voice distrotion...anyone??...what i means any ebook where i can refer..thanks..