Power of Google Talk!

[​IMG]
Google Talk is the chat app that comes built-in to your Android, and it’s terribly under-used. You can use Google Talk not only to instant message people with other Android smartphones, but also those who use Gmail on their desktop and laptop computers.

What’s really cool is that many of those computer users have microphones and speakers, and with the right plugin can audio chat with you. This is essentially a free way to make voice calls to anyone in the world with a Gmail account - and it’s built in to every Android out there.

What’s more, if your Android Smartphone has a front-facing camera, you can also use Google Talk to make and receive video calls! You can video call with other Android users, or computer users that have a webcam. This comes in particularly useful during the holidays when friends and family may not be able to come together. Unlike other video chatting solutions, Google Talk should work just fine over 3G, 4G, or WiFi.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I used to have Google Talk desktop application, but then stopped using it because it'd be a huge distraction during my work. I've tried Gtalk app on Android, and it's simple to use. Yet to try a video call over Gtalk. Does video calling work on Wi-Fi?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    I used to have Google Talk desktop application, but then stopped using it because it'd be a huge distraction during my work. I've tried Gtalk app on Android, and it's simple to use. Yet to try a video call over Gtalk. Does video calling work on Wi-Fi?
    Surely it does... But haven't tried it yet, as I don't have an Android phone... 😔
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Praveen-Kumar
    Surely it does... But haven't tried it yet, as I don't have an Android phone... 😔
    And, I don't have front camera in my Android phone.😔
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    born_star16
    And, I don't have front camera in my Android phone.😔
    I use Nokia E5-00, and its video call ready... Same case, no front cam! 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the basic difference between microprocessor and microcontroller? And if anyone have detail about it please give the link.
Today CEan-eternalthinker is celebrating his birthday, Wish you many many happy returns of the day ET. 🎉
Jerry Yang and David Filo - two young engineers founded Yahoo! back in 1995. The company quickly became the mega directory of the websites online. Apart from being a search...
Here are few tips to access Wikipedia during the 24 hour protest blackout will begin in less than an hour. Since no one can really survive without Wikipedia, here are...
ixigo is your friend when it comes to making the whole process of online air ticketing easy. The latest offering from ixigo for the social networking platforms like facebook and...