Power factor rating of a machine....

I want to ask what does the p.f. rating of a machine provide information abt for eg. if it says 0.8 pf lag..thn does it mean tht machine can supply or operate only at 0.8 pf(lag)..currents?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    0.8 Powerfactor means 80% of your supplied power is used to do 'useful work'.
  • parin bumia
    parin bumia
    ya..thats is ok...bt does it in anyway say that machine can operate only with 0.8 lag current and not current of any powerfactor besides it?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    parin bumia
    ya..thats is ok...bt does it in anyway say that machine can operate only with 0.8 lag current and not current of any powerfactor besides it?
    Not really it just implies the load put by the device is capacitve due to negative power factor

Indctive if positive power factor

And Resistive if power factor is unity
  • parin bumia
    parin bumia
    thnks for the reply #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just released new version of Ubuntu packed with exiting new graphical feature . and kind of 1st desktop with apps . Whats the tagline?? Check new features Download Ubuntu 12.10...
I have been trying to attach a file in my gmail account but its not done. Infact the pop up window also does not open. I tried it from 3...
It is a machine that uses a wire to cut the metals. Gears are made through this machine. I know only this much about it.. Do anyone know more about...
Name: Sanjay Bhagat *Engineering Trade:Chemical Location: Akola Maharashtra *Occupation: Working Work Experience: Production ,R&D Education *Hobbies & Interests: Traveling *Aim in life: Social worker *I joined CrazyEngineers because: To be...
Hi, All friends , My name is hinesh gohel. I have completed my Diploma (ECE) with 66%. I have just finished my b.tech (ECE), final semester exams, and waiting for...