Potential new ideas: self powered switches and transmitters

While researching stuff for my fyp, I came across this link:

#-Link-Snipped-#

I only know very rudimentary forms of self powered FM receivers (powered by actual EM waves), but it's interesting to see commercialized forms of these kind of transmitters.

The wireless switch is a good example. When you press the button, it moves a magnet past a coil and generates enough energy to transmit a wireless signal. It's such a simple concept, I wonder why we don't see more of this?

And the implications of those solar RF transmitters than can store enough energy to work for several days in darkness is quite a neat thing. A lot of potential there.

I'm pretty sure a lot of project ideas can come out of integrating these. In addition, why not try making better versions of those self powered switches and transmitters? *grin*

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

do anyone know how to interpret the graph which the y axis = modulus, hardness VS x-axis = displacement into surface . this graph is the result from the nanoindentation...
CEans, Those who appeared for CAT 2008, do not forget to check your result on the following location - https://results.catiim.in The result will be available from 9[sup]th[/sup] January 2009 onwards....
Alright, The title of this thread is inspired from a popular show "Yan Can Cook" ๐Ÿ˜ [Website: YanCanCook.com - The Official Website of Chef Martin Yan ] I request all...
Dear all, in power crisis situation of many countrys like india ...how can we use any of silicon or kind of leaf spring which can have back and forth action...
Can anybody suggest me the code for changing the form shape in vb 6.0