Plz replies me

in java language we use System.out.println. then what is System , out and println in that

Replies

• akravikanth
    akravikanth
    Its simple,

System is a class declared as final which cannot be instantiated. It contains various classes and methods.

The three important facilities provided by the System class are Standard Input, Standard Output and error output streams.

These are normally called as streams, you can make use of the above said facilities using the following

out ----> The standard output stream
    in ----> The standard input stream
    err ----> The standard error output stream.

Normally after creating objects, you will access the functions aka methods
    using dot(.) operator. for example, if a is an object and display() is a method, then u can access by using a.display();

Similarly, if u want to print, you will make use of the println() method using the dot operator as System.out.println(), where System is the class, out is the outputstream and println is the method.
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    System - Has multiple installed function

Out - Output stream to be printed

In - Input stream if necessary

Print ln - to print that partcular line

Regards,
    A.SK...
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    not satisfied with answers
    can anyone please throw more light?
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    goyal420
    not satisfied with answers
    can anyone please throw more light?
    System.out.println()

System is a built-in class present in java.lang package.
    This class has a final modifier, which means that, it cannot be inherited by other classes.
    It contains pre-defined methods and fields, which provides facilities like standard input, output, etc.

out is a static final field (ie, variable)in System class which is of the type PrintStream (a built-in class, contains methods to print the different data values).
    static fields and methods must be accessed by using the class name, so ( System.out ).

out here denotes the reference variable of the type PrintStream class.
    "out" is an instance of java.lang.system class

println() is a public method in PrintStream class to print the data values.
    Hence to access a method in PrintStream class, we use out.println() (as non static methods and fields can only be accessed by using the refrence varialble)
    print() is a method of java.io.prientWriter.

Shortcut for System.out.println()

you can create a PrintStream variable, assign System.out to it, and reference that object from the new variable instead.

import java.io.*;

public class TestPrint
    {
         private static PrintStream out = System.out;

public static void main(String args[])
         {
        out.println(Hello, World!);
        out.println(Testing, one, two, three);
         }
    }

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT, introduced a new initiative called OpenCourseWare, OCW Its a free and open educational resource (OER) for educators, students, and self-learners around the world. It is...
plz tel me in both we learn same language. what s the main diffrence bet Computer science and IT?
Hi CEans! We no longer have a complicated URL for CE Mail 😁. Now you can access your CE - Mail directly from - https://email.crazyengineers.com 😁 Enjoy! -The Big K-
MATLAB is a high-level technical computing language and interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. Using MATLAB, you can solve technical computing problems faster than...
I am going to do mini project this semester for that I need some titles from u. Please provide me some topics which can be easily designed and fabricated. Thank...