plz help me

hi guys , plz help me. plz give me answers of these question. or give me site where i find these answers.

1.what different types of connectors which are used in networking. explain 10 of them.

2. what is formating and parting of hard disk. explain.
3 write the window 98 installation.

Replies

• Neha
    Neha
    Here's the answer to your third question adi:

Topologies in networking are:
    1.Mesh
    2.Star
    3.Hybrid
    4.Cellular
    5.Ring
    6.Bus
    7.Tree

You can use Google for the description.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    adi
    hi guys , plz help me. plz give me answers of these question. or give me site where i find these answers.

1.what different types of connectors which are used in networking. explain 10 of them.

2. what is formating and parting of hard disk. explain.
    3 write the window 98 installation.
    Adi, I'll ask Rahul to answer #2 & #3 . He is a GURU in IT Support. You will have to wait for some time though.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Disk formatting is the process of preparing a Hard disk drive - Wikipedia or other Data storage - Wikipedia for use, including setting up an empty File system - Wikipedia. A variety of utilities and programs exist for this task; pictured to the right is the iconic FORMAT.COM of MS-DOS - Wikipedia and IBM PC DOS - Wikipedia.

Formatting a disk involves two quite different Process - Wikipedia known as low-level and high-level formatting. The former deals with the formatting of disk surfaces and installing characteristics like sector numbers that are visible to, and used by, the Disk controller - Wikipedia hardware, while the latter deals with File system - Wikipedia specific information written by the Operating system - Wikipedia.

=-=
    โ€‹

Hard disk drive partitioning is the creation of logical divisions upon a Hard disk drive - Wikipedia that allows one to apply Operating system - Wikipedia-specific Disk formatting - Wikipedia. In layman's terms, partitioning a hard drive makes it appear to be more than one hard drive, especially in how each partition is formatted for different operating systems, and in how files are copied from one partition to another.

=-=
    โ€‹

This site contains the extensive explination of Formatting.
    Disk formatting - Wikipedia

And this is for Partition.
    Disk partitioning - Wikipedia

Have fun! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rick
    rick
    That was useful xheavenlyx! ๐Ÿ˜ . I doubt if anyone could write Windows 98 installation steps. Is it no easy, adi? You have to put the Windows bootable CD in drive and boot your computer using it. Rest part of the installation is a cakewalk. Do let me know if you encounter problem.

[โ€‹IMG] Its time to upgrade to Windows Xp or Vista
  • adi
    adi
    thnx all of u.

๐Ÿ˜
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Dont forget, its really important to be sure your CD drive works after formatting! Old PC's had some problem with this, and moreover you might need a bootable disk (floppy-di-flop) too. Im not very well aware of this process, someone can get it cleared ๐Ÿ˜€

Regards
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Search in Catalogs of WikiPedia and Google.

And for Win Installation,

Just try formatting yours P.C/Laptop,

So it would be more clear on Practical View.

Regards,
    A.Sk...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In this thread, I ask everyone to post the games they like or are playing. 1. Present games you are playing & why 2. The best games you ever liked...
What would you call as Greatest invention of all times that completely changed our lives? It would be Electricity, Computer or Internet or any other?? Post in your views.
It is said that "An intelligent person is one who learns from his mistakes but a wise man is one who learns from others mistakes". It would not be wrong...
Group discussions has been recently added for the recruitment of candidates in companies. They help in evaluating a person's inner thought while working with the company. Through GD's(Group discussions) we...
Lets join all together the questions asked in HR interviews. Q: Tell me about yourself The most often asked question in interviews. You need to have a short statement prepared...