View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12915 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Ron
Ron • Apr 13, 2008

Please help: Suspension system to recharge the battery

HI there...Iam a 1st year Electrical engineering student.My friends and I wanted to do a project on Electric cars...n' i was assigned with it's Battery part...I had an Idea o' usin' the suspension system to recharge the battery..usin' a transducer...so that i could harness energy from every bump i see...so plz if any one could help me..let know..Thank u...
Hi Ron, welcome to CE! Are you talking about a real electric car, or those small RC cars? Regardless, I dont think the transducer(s) will produce enough to recharge the battery in either case, if you use the standard piezoelectric transducers. Perhaps if you make use of a electromagnetic solenoid, that might be a little effective.. but anywayz, good idea though 😉

How about trying to harness the heat from the motors or circuit components? That would require you to dig into the use of MEMs transducers though.
eccentronix
eccentronix • Apr 13, 2008
ya, the solenoid sounds pretty... how about the concept on which the dynamic microphone works... not sure on how much current that could produce... if ur using a suspension system, the coil could be linked to the springs...hmmm, im just spitting whatever is coming to my mind...
is there a way that the tires be connected back to a coil somehow so that they may inturn produce current to charge the battery?
ill update this if i get more ideas...

Share this content on your social channels -