Playstation 4 Price In India

Sony literally won the E3 conference punching the hell out of Microsoft's XBOX ONE. The price of Playstation 4 in the US is $399 and it won't be wrong to expect the price in India at the time of launch would be about Rs. 30 - 35,000. I believe the gaming aficionados in India now don't have a choice but to buy a PS4 - given the advantages it offers over XBOX. Let's take a look in what sections Playstation Beats XBOX.

Price: PS4 price in US is just $399 as compared to XBOX ONE's $499. Sony wins this round hands down. It won't be wrong to assume that the PS4 will be launched in India at a much cheaper price than that of PS3, which was made available at about Rs. 42K (if I remember correctly).

Official Launch In India: The playstation 4 is expected to launch in India around December. Sony's promised a global launch; and compare that to XBOX one's promised launch in Late 2014!

Does Not Require Internet Connection: Unlike XBOX - you don't have to connect to the Internet in order to play the games. Sony's PS4 can let you play single-player games without having an Internet connection.

Activation: XBOX ONE requires you to activate the games within 24 hours, while Sony's removed any such requirement to activate their games. Plus- if you download a game from PSN, you can begin playing it while it downloads - in one word: awesome!

PS4-India

Design: Now this can surely be debated - but both the consoles look similar. The PS4 looks like an 'italics' version of XBOX; but still, it looks better than XBOX. If the design of the console was the only decision making criteria - PS4 would be my choice.

Hardware: It's a well known fact that Playstation 4 scores over XBOX in terms of sheer hardware specs.

Innovative Controller: This one is personal, but I think Sony's dual-shock controller with touch-pad is better than XBOX ONE's. I think it'd be interesting to see how the developers and games make use of it. More details are awaited though.

All these factors and a cheaper pricing point definitely make PS4 a better option over XBOX ONE. I think once both the consoles launch in Indian markets, PS4 would take a clear lead because most of the Microsoft's entertainment content is available only in the United States. I'm not sure if Sony's got any such restrictions in place. This alone would work a lot in favor of Sony once the console comes to India.

What do you think folks?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm, just checked Flipkart and other eCommerce websites; there's no pre-order available, as expected 😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Adding two cents to the above mentioned points - he PS4 uses GDDR5 Ram & 1153 shader GPU vs Xbox One DDR4 & 768 shader GPU - That does make PS4 a better console for better value.
    If we are going to compare the two, here's a complete tech specs list of the PS4 -

Networking:
    Ethernet : 10; 100; 1000 [Gigabit]
    WiFi : 802.11 b/g/n
    Internet connectivity : Yes
    Online features : Multiplayer, Video chat, Voice chat, Browser, Store Downloadable content : TV shows, Games, Movies, Game updates
    Service fee : Yes
    Game achievements : Yes
    Friends list : Yes
    CPU: 8 Core X86 AMD “Jaguar” 4MB L2 Cache
    GPU: 1.84 Teraflop AMD Radeon Engine
    Sound: DTS, Dolby 5.1channel, LPCM. System
    Memory: 8GB GDDR5 memory
    Video Memory: 2.2 GB Memory
    Bandwidth: 176 GB/s System
    FPP: 1.8 TFLOPS
    Storage: HDD – Yes, 160GB SSD- No I/O:
    SD: mini x 1/standard
    Memory Stick: PRO x 1, standard/Duo 2x Ethernet 4x USB 3.0
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR Controller (DualShock 4)
    Battery : Li-ion, 1000 mAh (Built-in)

Weight : 210 g
    Physical Size : 162mm × 52mm × 98mm (6.4in × 2.0in × 3.9in)
    Touch Pad : Capacitive Type, 2 Point Touch Pad
    Charging cable : Proprietary
    Controller type : Wired, Wireless
    Motion controls : Camera / optical
    Direction control : D-pad, Thumb stick (2)
    Other peripherals : Headset / mic
    Rumble support : Built-in
    PS- Eye: 4 microphones; 2 cameras
    Video: 320 x 192 (240 fps); 640 x 400 (120 fps); 1280 x 800 (60 fps)

Audio O/P : HDMI & Optical / 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels / 3.5mm stereo
    Video O/P : HDMI HDMI : 2x HDMI out Screen : 480/720/1080p; 480/1080i Analog : 1x Multi Out (A/V)
    Video playback : Yes
    Audio playback : Yes
    Photo viewer : Yes
    Colour Options: Black
    Streaming : Gaikai game technology
    Resolution : 4K resolution (3840 × 2160)

I think the new PS4 DualShock controller that features a touchpad interface where the Start and Select buttons previously appeared and a 3D tracking light panel is quite cool. The main addition to the controller - the ‘Share’ button, which lets you record, edit and upload gaming footage and share it online with their friends - could be 'liked' by many.

The price in India is being guessed around ₹25,000, but even though that's $100 less than the XBox, I speak for all the Xbox fans I know - there are plenty of other factors to consider. Such as - Halo remains an Xbox title which is likely to be a big factor for many consumers, while Sony’s past issues — including the leaking of millions of gamer records — will not be forgotten by many.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    If sources are to be believed the price would be Rs.28,000 (with 250GB HDD).
    The gaming console is expected to hit the Indian Market by end of Q3 2013.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt they'll launch it below Rs. 30k. PS4 technically way stronger than PS3 and now that the roads are clear, I doubt they'll compromise on the pricing; at least at the launch. Three years down the line, I expect the PS4 to retail in India for about Rs. 20k, just like PS3.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Yes, Microsoft might be down on specs, but its exclusive range of games for the Xbox One and Kinect could turn the stakes in Microsoft's favour.
    Games like Forza Motor Sport, Dance Central, Halo are still fan favorites. With the new version of Xbox 360 hitting the market one can see how Microsoft is in the race.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You can easily point out when a fanboy writes an article.You can clearly see that console comparison is done more than discussion of price in the article.No offense.

Back to point,
    Xbox is not too technically weak than PS4. The places where PS4 wins over XBOX in technical specifications is GPU RAM & HDD.However both uses AMD (with some self-customization) Processors which are equally powerful.

Just don't forget one thing, XBOX will (& always will) have more titles than PS4.

However, I am not too much of console fan.I believe some games are fun playing in consoles (like Gears of war,Halo series, God of war, Ratchet,etc.) while some games works best in PC(GTA 4, COD Series, BF3 ,etc.)
    Personal opinion, don't bite me!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    PS4 won’t implement the most unpopular aspects of Microsoft’s rights-management restrictions, including daily digital check-ins, user authentication rules and the ability to share game discs with friends.
    Is it a winner or a loser with that?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I'd say I'm a PS fanboy and yeah, it does reflect in the article. But check out what the social media is saying about E3 conference. Sony's beat Microsoft to death. The article meant to discuss the price; but without drawing comparisons with XBOX; which is Playstations' biggest rival, it'd be incomplete. I wrote more on the comparison than talking about the price - I agree.

I never said XBOX is too technically weak than PS4. I said comparing only on the hardware front, PS4 wins hands down.

It's not just about titles. It's the overall gaming experience. Microsoft killed it by not allowing games to be shared, while PS4 allows that - and trust me that's a HUGE market.

Second - Playstation does not need an Internet connection if you want to play alone; while XBOX does! It's obvious that the Microsoft folks were developing their console only for the United States gamers. Sony's got a bigger view there!

Third: Activation! Come on! PS4 winds hands down.

I'll be getting a PS4 any day over XBOX; given the price is around Rs. 30K.
  • Partha B
    Partha B
    Well, I came upon this article while searching for some PS4 news on google. I would just like to point out that, Amazon US is taking preorders for PS4 which they will be shipping to India. I was about to confirm the pre order, but didn't as I wanted a clarification from them if it will work on 220V. Also, just out of curiosity I checked that, for the PS4 to shipped to India, it will cost a total of around $540 including all the taxes and 5 day shipping charges. I suppose thats a sweet deal 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Partha B
    Well, I came upon this article while searching for some PS4 news on google. I would just like to point out that, Amazon US is taking preorders for PS4 which they will be shipping to India. I was about to confirm the pre order, but didn't as I wanted a clarification from them if it will work on 220V. Also, just out of curiosity I checked that, for the PS4 to shipped to India, it will cost a total of around $540 including all the taxes and 5 day shipping charges. I suppose thats a sweet deal 😀
    You won't be able to plug-in your PS4 directly into the mains. However, given that the warranty will no longer be applicable for goods meant to be sold in the US, I'd rather wait for official launch in India.

$540 does look like a good price to pay; but but still, I'd strongly recommend waiting until Sony launches it in India.
  • Partha B
    Partha B
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Ya I know all the pitfalls, I was just giving a price reference of how much it might cost in India, which I hope will be somewhere between $500 to $550 per PS4, after Sony pays all the taxes to the govt etc etc.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Couldn't agree more.

But, I think it's too early to conclude that PS4 wins over XBOX.
    Microsoft is known for their opponent-killing marketing strategies.So,Let the time speak.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Couldn't agree more.

But, I think it's too early to conclude that PS4 wins over XBOX.
    Microsoft is known for their opponent-killing marketing strategies.So,Let the time speak.
    Even the marketing strategies won't work. Why? Because Microsoft made a huge mistake while introducing the XBOX - they focused on non-gaming part of XBOX. They projected it as a device that's your primary entertainment device that plays movies and TV shows. On the other hand, Sony hit the nail with gamers, focusing only on games.

The primary buyers of these consoles are the hard-core gamers and not those who're looking for another blu-ray player for their living rooms. Imagine entire gaming community uniting under Sony's umbrella. All the recommendations from gamers would go to PS4 and that's what you can see happening in all the comments on all the leading gaming blogs.

Sony knows it. Microsoft knows it. The Japanese have won the console wars.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As far as great titles like GoW, Halo , COD : Ghosts & many upcoming games are in XBOX, Sony can never win! If Sony have to win they've to shake hands with many many great-game developers around the world. They lack many awesome titles.

In few months, a custom firmware will release which will allow to XBOX users to play games w/o internet connection (same like custom firmware used to mod XBOX 360 so you can play pirated games) & you'll see rise of demand in XBOX because everyone prefers download-burn-insert & play! rather than spending 50$ in a game which can be obtained for free.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Along with the price and availability, now we know the PlayStation 4 won't be locked-down according to geography. That's according to Sony Computer Entertainment's Brad Douglas, who mentioned on Twitter that the company's new console has "no region locking", hopefully freeing up the opportunities for import gaming when it arrives later this year.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, some more awesome news is pouring in! The PlayStation 4 hard-drive is replaceable! It's already packed with 500GB HDD which can be swapped with a bigger 1TB HDD easily. That means, you will never run out of storage with PS4.

I seriously doubt XBOX offers such functionality. PS4 is winning on all the grounds, it seems.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is how people would use XBOX ONE -

xbox-one
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is how people would use XBOX ONE -
    Lol that's funny.

I have another one :
    [​IMG]
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    The Share Button! YAY! I have longed for this on my PS3.
  • vamsisuper12
    vamsisuper12
    r u sure that the ps4 will launch in India by December
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vamsisuper12
    r u sure that the ps4 will launch in India by December
    Yes. The PS4 is not region locked like XBOX ONE. There's absolutely no reason for Sony to delay in Indian markets, especially because there won't be any competition from Microsoft in entire Asia.
  • vamsisuper12
    vamsisuper12
    thanks for the good news. lets pray it releases on same day of USA like the PS Vita (I remember because I got my PS Vita day one)
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    I'm thinking of pre ordering from amazon. I don't really care about warranty as I've had a ps3 forever and it works as good as new even after years of heavy usage so what do you think? Power brick issues? or any other?
  • vamsisuper12
    vamsisuper12
    nishant arora
    I'm thinking of pre ordering from amazon. I don't really care about warranty as I've had a ps3 forever and it works as good as new even after years of heavy usage so what do you think? Power brick issues? or any other?
    u can pre order in game4u.com
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Thanks for replying! I would preorder from games4u right now but they don't have a final price or even a tentative delivery date yet so not confident about that. 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    -Bump-
    The PS4 rival, XBOX One's DRM features are reversed.
    Microsoft further announced that the console won't require online connection to play games.Also, the game trading restrictions is been shunned.
    Moreover, the regional restriction is also removed.

Now, all the critics who were pointing fingers at Microsoft & claiming Xbox loop to be a lame console are taking back their words.

Now, it's toe-to-toe competition between Xbox One & PS4.
    I'm excited, I'm excited 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, but seriously Microsoft? It shows your lack of confidence in your own decisions! Especially with a team and experienced managers who've been working on XBOX ONE with a 'vision' revert within days of launching? As against, Sony didn't have to reverse their communication and shows that they 'understand' the gaming community and their needs.

The damage has been done.

The war has bee lost.

The game only levels if Microsoft drops the price of XBOX and makes Kinect optional. PS4 has won gamer's hearts and I believe we already have a clear winner in the console wars.

XBOX one is not a lame console. It just got the most important things wrong at the time it shouldn't have been wrong.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Okay, let me get straight to the point :
    I am not in support of MS nor Sony. I have spent considerable amount in both consoles that I can give my opinions on what I like & what I don't.
    XBOX - for game titles & Joystick.
    PS4 - for hardware.
    Joystick & titles of XBOX with PS4 hardware = ideal console (for me)

You know that, I hate MS for many reasons & that too goes for Apple.
    I have never understood the copyright shit, I kinda get pissed off due to DRMs.
    How can you copyright the code ?
    Now companies like Apple, just modifies the little bit of architecture & patents the entire shit. example : Modify Intel's SRT technology & name it Fusion drive & patent it.Oh god!

The some companies that I really respect are : Intel, Google, AMD, Toshiba, Sony ,Samsung & Sharp.
    Rest all are just stealing eachother's work.

Okay, I am going the wrong way so I should stop here 👀
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Chill guys! Its totally okay to side with brands. They're zillion $ brands that have created history time and again so its totally okay to side with the brand with whom you first started and adore to death. Microsoft did make mistakes but it takes more than a man to correct your mistakes and they were probably losing a lot of pre orders. I'm happy that they're rolling back their invasive policies but I did like some of them like disc less gaming from the hdd etc. Now thats history but will probably show up in the future and I'm excited for that.

I was looking forward to getting the XBOX one this time around as I'm a big fan of the forza series and wanted to test waters with microsoft but they royally blew it with the late 2014 release in Asia. I'm not buying a console without warranty from a manufacturer that has had a consistent reputation of faulty hardware. And so I've happily placed the preorder for a PS4 at amazon. I'm sure it will be reliable as my previous sony consoles! Maybe I'll even pick a XBOX one this time around when it releases in 2014.

Our love for gaming unites us so don't let evil corporations divide us. They just wanna make money and we just wanna GTA. 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : How does Forza compare with Drive Club? I'm not a big fan of racing games, but would be willing to give it a try. The cars & details they showed during the launch were all eye popping!
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    I hardly care for graphics! Give me a fun driving game like Gran turismo 2 and I'll have fun all day! Sony screwed up with GT 5 and I keep hearing that forza is a great game so that had me excited until microsoft screwed up everything with the late release in Asia.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    -Bump-

Sony's PS4 is running on Orbis OS which is Sony's spin of FreeBSD 9.0 . FreeBSD is used over Linux due to far more liberal licensing of BSD.

However, heart of PS4 has AMD's 8-cores APU with Radeon graphics, but there ain't any Catalyst drivers available for BSD. Also,Opensource ported catalyst driver ported from Linux with Gallium3D is still in amateur stage.

Which gives us insight that Sony & AMD have cooperated together to develop their own custom graphics drivers for their console.
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Agreed. Nvidia had their awesome custom chip in the PS3 so AMD desperately needed to get their chips in the next gen consoles as it makes for easier porting to pc and games will inherently run better on AMD chips leading to more sales for them and less for Nvidia!

Last gen games were a pain for developers to port to pc and some of them ran too badly, Heck some of the great games didn't even make it to pc. Good thing is this gen, porting will be easier as the hardware architecture is similar so its a win win for all gamers. Downside is that PS4 isn't as big a leap as PS3 was. But I'll take it anyday as it resulted in lower costs and much easier porting.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Some bootscreen shots of PS4 leaked by vgleaks :

1 2

3 4
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is why the XBOX ONE sucked and gamers cheered for PS4. Check-

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Playstation 4 price in India is Rs 39,990. But that's just for the console. The game, Killzone Shadow Fall - which would cost Rs. 3999. The console will come with two controllers and an additional controller will cost you Rs. 4,999. If you want to use all the Playstation Eye Camera; you'll have to buy it for Rs. 4999 from Sony.

I think we were spot on with the price of PS4 in India. Unless you are a hardcore gamer who can't wait for the console to be in your living room; I'd strongly recommend that you should wait for the first iteration of the console; which would probably arrive by Q4 of 2014.

So, who's buying it anyway?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there an end to innovation? Can we wake up one day and say. "This is it. What we have is beyond innovation."? Is innovation limitless? This video inspires millions...
Massachusetts-based iRobot has announced recently its plan to sell a "telepresence" bot- Ava 500 - by early-2014. The robot shall beam a high-quality video feed from its user over a...
So it looks like the IT majors in India have began to take a serious look at the heart of India, Nagpur. The city known as 'Orange City' has already...
The next generation of Apple Inc. popular workstation, the Mac Pro was unveiled at the Worldwide Developers Conference yesterday. The redesigned Mac Pro manages to pack in all its components...
Porsche, the German Automobile Giant's flagship sports car - Porsche 911 is a design that has become iconic. In those countless dreams, this timeless idea isn't just a legendary Sports...