Plastic Thermoforming

Hi , Finally we decided to make a final year project in Electrical Control as " Plastic Thermoforming Production Line " , I arranged the processes as follow :

1- a plastic sheet of 20cm * 20cm area and 2-3 mm thickness which will put on a half model
2- then , the plate which hold out the sheet will moved under heater with specified temp.
3-after heating process , the plate will moved under a hydraulic ( or pneumatic ) Piston which have the other half of the model ; Do you imagined ؟!!
4-after the previous process the plate will move under 3 axis C.N.C which will trim the unused part .
5-Finally, the plate will move under 1 axis pneumatic arm which will carried the final product - by Suction - to a box .

Questions :
1-What is your opinion of the whole idea ?
2- Is there any wrong process ?
3-For the piston , Which i use a hydraulic or a pneumatic ?

This video will explain which i means

please , if anyone have a useful data for the same topic or a useful comment , please replay .... thanks all

Replies

• barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    the concept explanation cannot be flawed as there is imagination but
    the design and fabrication and effective utilization of pneumatics and hydraulics are required.. btw... you can even use conveyor solutions also for after heating to moving it under the CNC

ALL the best!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This style of drawing is a tribute to xkcd. You all know what that site is about 😀
Can a non Android mobile be used to access CE website with all its functionalities
We have seen many websites that sell online goods.From an engineers point of view, I would like to know how they actually work in background. Thanks.
Which will have a faster response inverting amplifier or an non inverting one Both have the same number of components https://www.ehow.com/how_7575016_calculate-opamp-settling-time.html I tried this out but it was not really...
hey crazyengineers. A little about me. Right now i'm studying for my diploma in software engineering. but i also do programming on my own. i'm learnin vb but my school...