Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer Light Sport Aircraft Cruises @ 108 knot

European LSA (Light Sport Aircraft) manufacturer has launched Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer $83000; which is way cheaper than the $100k LSAs used for training pilots. The aircraft is ideal choice for the trainee pilots to get their hands dirty with the flying stuff. The ALPHA Trainer features 32ft, 4" wingspan and Rotax 4-cylinder, 4 stroke engine. The trainer can do 108 knot which is quite awesome for trainee pilots.

(Click on image to view in full)

alpha-c-2alpha-c-5

The Rotax 80 HP engine is quite awesome which can do 2000 flying hours or 15 years before it needs overhaul. The engine is also quite fuel efficient and consumes about 12 liter of petrol every hour; when run on regular unleaded fuel.

What's your take?

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. As a CS 2011 graduate, I am looking for a job right now. But as you know job market is kinda dead...
A lot of engineers in 6th sem & 8th sem must be aware of the companies that will be visiting your campus in coming months. Please share the names of...
Dedicating this thread to share the news about the companies visiting in the colleges near you for "Open Campus" Placement. For the un-aware : Open Campus Placement Drives are open...
I'm wondering whether we've full time bloggers on CrazyEngineers. By full-time bloggers I specifically mean people who blog for a living. If we have any, I'd like to invite you...
Nurture Talent - India's #1 training institute for engineers is conducting workshop for entrepreneurs. Here's press release from the institute- Revenues? Expenses? Investments? Angel Investors? Venture Capital? Do these terms...