PiMiner: Modified Raspberry Pi That Monitors Your USB Bitcoin Miners

Raspberry Pi - The $25 Computer's First Model Is Out For Production, the $25 micro PC has always been a center of attraction of readers of VoiCE, whether it is its Raspberry Pi Heads For The Skies; Captures Stunning Images of Earth From A Height Of 40 Km or its New Zealander Improves Wardriving With Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi has proved its mettle as an inexpensive yet effective computing device. Adafruit, the makers of Raspberry Pi are now turning their attention to the rising phenomenon of BitCoin with a #-Link-Snipped-# on their website that shows how you can turn your Raspberry Pi into Pi Miner, a controller and status monitor for your USB Bitcoin mining devices. To convert your existing Raspberry Pi as a Pi Miner you will require an assembled and installed Adafruit 16x2 LCD + Keypad Kit and I2C & Adafruit Pi code libraries. Once you have got your hands on the above mentioned components head over to the tutorial to finalise the construction. Once complete the LCD will now display hash rate, error rate, share data, network difficulty, as well as total mining duration/uptime of the USB Bitcoin mining devices.

PiMiner

After reading the above paragraph you might be wandering that why not use Raspberry Pi itself as a mining device for the Bitcoins. The problem lies in the way how BitCoins work. As you might be aware Bitcoins mining is done in a painstakingly slow process in which the virtually currency is generated in exchange for computing power of your device and once a batch of coins are prepared they are shared among the miners depending on their computational power, So basically one who was a workstation employed for mining shall take the lion’s share of the coins and Raspberry Pi user shall be left with the crumbs. So to make mining profitable for smaller enthusiasts they employ thumb-drive-sized ASIC Bitcoin miners that have mining rate as that of powerful graphics cards. Initially to monitor these devices you had to use your computer but now with PiMiner the process has become easier and efficient.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone i want to know the basic advantage of front wheel drive over rear wheel drive
How to convert a webpage content into a xml file through the url using java Could anyone please help me... 😉
Indian gamers should rejoice, as we speculated earlier, Sony will launch the Playstation 4 in India in this year itself. In an interview with IndianVideoGamer, Atindriya Bose, Sony's country manager...
Hello, I am doing my final year of engineering in computer Science. I would like to work in embedded systems for my final year project but i have few questions...
Bajaj has launched KTM 390 Duke in Indian markets. The bike's conceived and developed at Bajaj facilities in India and is said to be highly localized. The price of Bajaj...