PillCam can now be swallowed, says FDA

The Food & Drug Administration (FDA) of USA has allowed PillCam - the tiny pill with camera that will swim through your body and capture photographs of the stuff it encounters in its journey. FDA remained skeptical about the technology and its usefulness; but has finally agreed that the PillCam can be an alternative to colonoscopy. The medical fraternity believes that the total preparation for the colonoscopy is more tiresome than the actual procedure. The patient must be put on a liquid diet for several days before the colonoscopy and may need laxatives in special cases. The actual process involves sliding a lot of electronics and camera system inside patient's body, which surely isn't a pleasing experience to the patient.

The PillCam will help fix this problem to a greater extent. All the patient needs to do is swallow the camera pill. The PillCam will reach out to its destination while transmitting the beautiful imagery of your internals and allowing the doctors to inspect the abnormalities. The procedure ends with a cleanse and is a lot easier to conduct.

The PillCam is a creation of Given Imaging Ltd., an Israeli company that developed the necessary technology several years ago. It's interesting to note that the PillCam COLON has been available in over 80 countries. America's green signal to PillCam would mean a direct help to over 750,000 patients who cannot have full colonoscopy.

slide

If you wish to read more about this development, head over to the following source link.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bajaj Pulsar Super Sport 400SS has been unveiled at the Auto Expo In Noida. The bike looks stunning and there are a lot of interesting things about the bike, it...
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill ​ We cover ourselves under various insurance policies such as life insurance, health insurance etc....
HTC has been in quieter zone for considerable time now. But if the recent rumors are to be believed, the company might soon launch another flagship phone. Today, a Russian...
I am a student of BE Computer Science in 4th year. I dont like programming , i am very good at designing and art , and i am also planning...
Honda Motorcycles India has announced that they'll bring the much awaited Honda CBR 650F in India in 2016. The production of the bike is expected to being next year; but...