Physiograms - Paint with Light and Photograph them too

I was always fascinated by nail-and-thread pictures, patterns made by the bob of compound pendulums and magnetic lines of force as revealed by iron dust.
I found this interesting item that combines this with photography, another interest of mine.

#-Link-Snipped-#

The only suggestion that I would make is to use a mirror kept at 45 degrees below the pendulum to avoid accidents that may damage the camera.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Most Point and Shoot camera owners will miss the flexibility to adjust shutter speed.

If any point and shoot owners want to give it a try, stretch the shutter speed to the minimum possible. Try the 'Fireworks' mode. And choose the minimum ISO - 100 or 60 or whichever is the lowest figure. Focus lock the camera to a very dark image (complete darkness is preferable. Focus lock is pressing the shutterbutton halfway). Now keep the camera in place and click the shutter button fully. By this, can strecth the shutter speed to around 2 seconds (or more if lucky enough)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Since most of these are structural entities, this may be the best category to place this. These seven engineering innovations are marvellous. https://www.popsci.com/bown/2012/gallery/gallery-best-whats-new-engineering-2012
For CEans in India, who may want to do higher studies abroad this may be an opportunity: https://intoday.maileclipse.com/intodaypromo/vm.php?m=5690&u=82da97904ed4d162a8efadf4196baad5
Things do move fast in this 'mobile' world. Scientists from the University of Warwick, in collaboration with spin-out company Molecular Solar, have come up with a new spin on solar...
During development of a new product designs keep evolving rapidly. Sometimes even within one activity individual sub groups may be coming up with changes that may have implications on what...
Hello dear Crazy Engineer Nember, I would like to introduce myselt. Name: Joseph Christner Engineering Trade: Chemical Engineer Location: Los Angeles, CA Occupation: Self Employed, Sometimes work for different company...